When you throw a party.....?

Options

Replies

• XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Low fat chilli is ace! Also homemade low fat banana bread. Home made meringues with fruit. All healthy and yummy. My family love coming eating this at my house even though it is healthier than pizza and stuff. Healthy doesn't have to be not tasty, and your doing them a favour too. X
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    Healthy food isn't a punishment so I deny the idea there must be "regular" food, it's simply just the food they're expecting, but anyways that turkey chili above looks good, or you could do like a turkey taco self serving thing. put out all the veggies, and what not and those are some what low carb more with the shells of course. healthier options of pizza if you cook it yourself or like a veggie pizza or thin crust, whatever you like. you could serve like nuts already portioned out. you could do like homemade lemonade for drinks. raw vegetables with homemade dips or peanut butter
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    this party is going to be awesome.
  • LaSutopia
    LaSutopia Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Low fat chilli is ace! Also homemade low fat banana bread. Home made meringues with fruit. All healthy and yummy. My family love coming eating this at my house even though it is healthier than pizza and stuff. Healthy doesn't have to be not tasty, and your doing them a favour too. X

OMG I love banana bread...I must get this low fat recipe from you! I have not thought to look for one so far but now I am intrigued!
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    Options
    If you want any of these delicious recipes message me. I also have great soup recipes. Easy to make a big batch! X
  • vvanm
    vvanm Posts: 157
    Options
    How about build your own burgers? Lean ground beef or turkey, lots of tomatos, grilled onions (in Pam), fat reduced cheese, lettuce, avocado, and BBQ sauce, and other condiments. Pop Chips, Sun Chips,and low fat dips. Basically do better, healthful fast food. They probably won't even realize it because homemade is so much better. And sweet potato fries are so good!
  • LaSutopia
    Options
    this party is going to be awesome.

It always is! My husband is writing a RPG and his gang loves RPG's so we get together to play test the one he is writing for like 5-6 hours every other sunday! We have lots of fun except that we all eat so bad and since I have started this mission in life everyone else is kinda getting interested to! So we are trying to get ideas to make it healthier on top of the fun!
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    How about build your own burgers? Lean ground beef or turkey, lots of tomatos, grilled onions (in Pam), fat reduced cheese, lettuce, avocado, and BBQ sauce, and other condiments. Pop Chips, Sun Chips,and low fat dips. Basically do better, healthful fast food. They probably won't even realize it because homemade is so much better.

I think this is a cool idea ^^
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    Options

OMG I love banana bread...I must get this low fat recipe from you! I have not thought to look for one so far but now I am intrigued!

Ill message you this tomorrow! Zara x
  • stablesong
    Options
    I love my dad's chili but it's so bad. I'd love to try it lower cal.
    Do you have a recipe for the banana bread?

edit: Oh. Messaged. :)
  • LaSutopia
    Options
    How about build your own burgers? Lean ground beef or turkey, lots of tomatos, grilled onions (in Pam), fat reduced cheese, lettuce, avocado, and BBQ sauce, and other condiments. Pop Chips, Sun Chips,and low fat dips. Basically do better, healthful fast food. They probably won't even realize it because homemade is so much better.

I think this is a cool idea ^^

That is a great idea! We used to do build your own taco's but we got kinda tired of that. This would be cool!
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Fondue...it's what I'm known for. Cheese and chocolate. And lots of pretty boys in heels. My kind of party!

I just want to know if you dip the boys in the cheese or the chocolate.
  • thatgirl125
    thatgirl125 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    on pinterest I found taco cups they look yummy to me (havent tried them) but just having one should be fine for you.
    here's website with picture and recipe:

http://bricelife-gabrielle.blogspot.com/2012/01/taco-cupcakes.html

Also individual 7 layer dips is a great idea you can have just one and get in enough to satisfy your taste buds:
    picture and recipe:
    http://www.the-girl-who-ate-everything.com/2011/12/individual-seven-layer-dips.html

Also you could throw together air popped popcorn with m&m's and eat it but pick out the m&m's out of your individual handful that way your guest do not have to go with out it and it will save you on tons of calories!
  • LaSutopia
    Options
    Fondue...it's what I'm known for. Cheese and chocolate. And lots of pretty boys in heels. My kind of party!

ahhahahhaha! Yes I want to know to!
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    ahhahahhaha! Yes I want to know to!
    Yea...no comment. What happens at a Q party, STAYS at a Q party...
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I typically have pretzels and baked potato chips, tortillas and salsa, assorted veggies and dip, and I bake popcorn chicken nuggets, some with buffalo sauce and some with barbecue sauce. Sometimes I make spinach and ricotta stuffed shells. Sometimes enchiladas filled with chicken, beans, spinach, corn and peppers... kind of like Chili's SW eggrolls without being deep fried.

Food is great, but the guests are what really make the party. And the booze. Can't forget the booze!
  • LaSutopia
    Options
    I typically have pretzels and baked potato chips, tortillas and salsa, assorted veggies and dip, and I bake popcorn chicken nuggets, some with buffalo sauce and some with barbecue sauce. Sometimes I make spinach and ricotta stuffed shells. Sometimes enchiladas filled with chicken, beans, spinach, corn and peppers... kind of like Chili's SW eggrolls without being deep fried.

Food is great, but the guests are what really make the party. And the booze. Can't forget the booze!

Oh Thanks! Great ideas! :) it all sounds really good.
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    So every one can and should eat healthy just like me,

I don't want to get into an arguement here with you, but that is the WRONG aproach. You should NOT be imposing your beliefs or lifestyle on anyone else. Even if the party is in your home.

agree... you will build a prison for yourself