Cheat Days!!!

Options
Personally, I have a cheat day once a week, either Friday or Saturday; and for my cheat days, I usually double/triple my calorie intake. I'm pretty curious on how many people on mfp actually have a cheat day? If so, once a week, once a month, etc?!?

Replies

• pg3ibew
    pg3ibew Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I usually go out to dinner on friday nights and eat whatever I want. I just eat half of everything and bring it home for the kids to polish off.
  • goldsguy
    Options
    I have one a week, I don't over do it but we have to splurge sometime!!
  • missikay1970
    missikay1970 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    about once per month, i have a cheat meal, which would be like a chili cheese dogs or a big cheese burger. about every 3 months, i have an entire cheat day, which happens to be today! i had donuts for breakfast, a cheese burger for lunch and i'm about to have enchiladas at my fav Mexican restaurant, along with a giant margarita. after my cheat meals each week, the following week, i usually lose about 2-3 lbs. once i hadn't lost in about a month, had a cheat meal one weekend, and lost 6 lbs in the next month. it works for me, and allows me to look forward to something great that i don't eat regularly. i would otherwise cheat all the time if i didn't have my days to look foward to. (by the way, i went to the gym today! i don't stop working-out just b/c i'm eating fun foods!)
  • lizziewhan
    lizziewhan Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    every friday night!
  • EatClenTrenHard
    EatClenTrenHard Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Once per week. Its good
  • DL121004
    DL121004 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Every Saturday!

I don't count or track and eat what I want.

I find that in doing so, I have no urges/cravings the first four/five days of the week, and the last two/three I have something to look forward to. :smile:
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    When dropping weight (currently bulking) I will eat at a steady deficit (regardless of lift/rest day) 6/week. One day per week I won't track food and it "usually" puts me between maintenance and about +500ish surplus.

I do this mostly for psychological/social reasons but I believe there is some physiological benefit as well.