Just saw the new "Day the Earth Stood Still"

Options
msarro
msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
Honestly, I thought it sucked. I grew up on the original, and seriously, I have no idea why they tried to redo it. The new one left me saying, "....and?"

I didn't like that.

Replies

• msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I thought it sucked. I grew up on the original, and seriously, I have no idea why they tried to redo it. The new one left me saying, "....and?"

I didn't like that.
  • Manda86
    Manda86 Posts: 1,859 Member
    Options
    Bummer... :grumble: :grumble: :grumble:
  • queenmina
    queenmina Posts: 84 Member
    Options

I didn't like that.

I know what you mean... I found it really corny... Oh well...
  • magichatter06
    magichatter06 Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    I watched it the other day too...I haven't seen the original but mom says the original is way better than this one...so I really didn't have anything to compare it too...
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options

I didn't like that.

the remake totally sucked and was absurd. keanu reeves the movie star is not an actor and said his lines as usual...like he is made of wood. Kathy Bates who I usually like played a totally moronic character and was not likeable.

The beautiful Jennnifer Connelly was not used well enough to counter the horrible twist of the original story.

Avoid this waste of time.

See the original,,,a great movie.