Curves Smart

Options
Does anyone do the Curves circuit with the Smart feature? At the end of my workout I put my smart card into the computer and it tells me I have burned 480 to 520 calories. Not sure I quite believe this - I think it's closer to 250 if I use my heart rate to calculate burn. I try to work very hard when I'm there - I run on the spot between machines and push myself hard on each machine. When I look up Curves circuit on MFP, it says 30 min. is 126 calories burned - I think that is a bit low.

Replies

• bnice2every1
    Options
    Bumping this because it got a little lost behind several other posts. Thx.
  • zombilishious
    zombilishious Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    I joined Curves a few years ago, and lost 60lbs using the Curves Smart with the diet plan. It really worked. I had to stop going to Curves because they changed their hours to close at 7pm and I couldn't get there in time after work. After gaining back half of what I lost, I'm going to a local gym, I'm back on the CurvesComplete diet plan and seeing great results. You do burn 400-600 calories using the Smart program, as long as you are working it right. I think the MFP calculators are for those who just go around it without the effort. The trick to the program is to keep your heart rate up on the recovery board and push yourself as hard as you can on the training stations. You also have to get another 30 minutes of low intensity cardio in at least 4-5 days a week. Also - I'm not a believer in the "eating back" your exercise calories. The CurvesComplete plan worked great with a 1500 calorie, low carb high protein menu.
  • elfie9863
    Options
    I just began at Curves last week. I am giving myself a week for learning all the machines and just getting the routine down, then will use the Curve Smart this coming week.

It's wayyyy harder than I thought it would be, but I like it so much more than the gym. I also do about an hour a day on my elliptical at home. I decided to NOT weigh in for a month and see how that goes. I can say this though, I am amazed at how much better I feel in just this past week.

Exercise is so good, physically and emotionally!!!

Edit: I forgot to say that I used my FitBit to see what the calorie count would be after just doing the circuit, it was about 235 ... I did notice though that I was the only one really sweating.