Chocolate makes me feel sick???

Options
I have such a love of chocolate and just before Easter I stocked up on the Cadbury mini eggs (the pastel coloured melt in your mouth morsels) because I knew that once Easter was over I would not be able to find them. I put them in the freezer so that when I do have some, they take longer to eat because they are frozen. I've been doing MFP for a week now and before then, I could eat about 3/4 of a cup of eggs in one sitting. I had calories left over today and so I had 18 eggs. It is amazing to me but I actually did not feel good after!!! Who knew!! I will always be a chocoholic but it was exciting to me that I can now get by without eating as much chocolate.

Replies

• librarygirl
    librarygirl Posts: 182
    Options
    I have such a love of chocolate and just before Easter I stocked up on the Cadbury mini eggs (the pastel coloured melt in your mouth morsels) because I knew that once Easter was over I would not be able to find them. I put them in the freezer so that when I do have some, they take longer to eat because they are frozen. I've been doing MFP for a week now and before then, I could eat about 3/4 of a cup of eggs in one sitting. I had calories left over today and so I had 18 eggs. It is amazing to me but I actually did not feel good after!!! Who knew!! I will always be a chocoholic but it was exciting to me that I can now get by without eating as much chocolate.
  • missyt78
    missyt78 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    :smile: i Know this feeling well, i can either live with chocolate, or without it..

In the past i was a bit of a chocaholic i have to admit, and the thought of a day going past without having even a mere morsel was unthinkable.:embarassed: But i have found that when i am eating and living well, i am the complete opposite. Even a little makes me feel sickly and slugginsh.

I dont know if this is the phsycological side of weight loss and knowing that chocolate is full of empty calories, they do say knowledge is power and this is maybe why our bodies produce the queasy feeling with something we once ate in abundance?? it does work for me, and i feel best avoiding all together.

My craving the other night was for some savory crisps.. it was a serious cupboard rummaging craving...:laugh: thankfully my husband was onhand.. and he sat on me restraining me from moving :laugh: while i rationalised what i really craved.. which was the crunch and the sharp taste. it soon passed and i opted for a little satsuma instead.. saving about 100cals.. which is fabulous and i felt so much better for it. It was a funny moment tho.. thank goodness for husbands.. they do have their plus points lolol:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

nikki:bigsmile:
  • chantybear
    chantybear Posts: 343
    Options
    I have been on a chocolate kick lately...I ate a lot today, but what ever I exercised for like 2 hours outside/inside, and am not feeling the least bit guilty...hah it is easter yay!

Greasy food/fatty food makes me extremely sick though!:sick:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    I didn't log my calories on April 5th, it was mine and my hubby's 6th anniversary and so I had some greasy, fatty foods, I thought I was going to be sick.
  • dskline1
    dskline1 Posts: 123
    Options
    Wow! I would have considered myself a chocoholic in the past as well....started making much wiser food choices and bagging my empty carbs since the beginning of March...well, I ate 3 handfuls of M&M's the other night and I was miserable!!! I felt like my stomach was in my throat for the next serveral hours....bad enough that I won't be doing that again any time soon. Funny, I really don't "miss" the chocolate like I thought I would. I guess I will call that a minor victory!!!
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    There's a TON of things that I used to LOVE to death and now when I think I'm craving them and eat them they make me feel like crap. I guess it's a good thing because I don't crave them anymore.

Chocolate unfortunately is NOT one of those things! :bigsmile:

It's more on the side of things that are greasy like Weinerschnitzel. MMMMMM Chili Fries!
  • psilva78227
    psilva78227 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hershey's Hugs, gotta have them! Those are my weakness! I have gotten better though, I can eat only 1 or 2 and kill the craving.

What does bother me is fatty and greasy foods. I feel very sick to my stomach if I eat fried foods or foods high in fat. I think it is partially do to the fact that we get our bodies use to healthy foods that it does not like the other stuff as much. Just a thought...
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!