lowered calories, doing sports not really loosing weight

Options
Hi,

Here my stats > I am about 1.88 thats round about 6`2" about 256pounds or 116kg.

Since I have been diagnosed with diabetes 2, I did sport on 8 out of 9 days. Raised my bar continously
every training session and doubled form 24 min to 45 on my cross trainer, further raised the levels
to 350watt which is pretty much the hoighest there are, My training machine (has a hb monitor band) says I am burning daily about 1000 calories,

My daily calorie intake is about 1650, about 1000 down from the status quo before I started.

Basically the pounds should just fall of me....but that hasnt happened. In the first week I was down 3 pounds, suddenly I was on my beginning weight. Now I am again close to 2 pounds below me start weight, but I dont understand what is going on.

Ok, I grew some muscle and some of my belly fat is gone, but shouldnt I loose more?

Any input is greatly appreciated

karsten!

Replies

• robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    I am losing way more than I was since I started focusing less on cardio and more on strength training. Lean muscle mass does a better job of burning fat. I was burning 600cals daily and not losing. Now I burn 2-300 daily and do strength training and doing a lot better.good luck!