I've lost 109 lbs... I lacked lifeskills and had a food addi

Hello Everyone,

I was introduced to this site by a friend and I love it. What a wonderful tool.

I first started dieting because we hired a new team member who just shined... she was everything I wanted to be...I prayed and asked God for the power to overcome my issues with my weight and at 335 lbs I felt like I was going to die.

My mental state was not that great... I felt depressed and I was lacking lifeskills. I heard about a program through work called lifeskills 411 and it basically taught me that I don't have to stay fat all my life. I can change. I learned that the brain will do anything you tell it to. The classes helped me make up my mind.

Then I used Oprah's Commitment where she challenged 1 million people to lose weight. I signed my contract with her and kept it up on my wall at work. I saw it every day and was reminded of the promises I had made.

Then my co workers were my fan club at Stellar Enterprise. They cheered my every pound. I can honestly say the lifeskills program and my co workers...are the biggest reason I have lost 109 lbs.

A person I go to church with had lost a substantial amount of weight and she came over during the Christmas Holiday and brought her own food. She then told me about the FA program (Food Addicts Anonymous) which is a free 12 step program that deals with the mental obsession of food addiction.\

Its kinda funny but some people do use food as a drug and they just cant stop eating.

The program along with lifeskills 411, my co workers and my friends helped me get the moral support I needed to deal with the biggest challenge of my life... what was really eating me so that I refused to give up the comfort of my food?

The root issues I dealt with took me back to my childhood which was full of abuse and trauma. This is where I learned my unhealthy coping skills of using food to deal with how I was feeling and to avoid life... I just made something to eat and vegged out in front of the TV.

I lived in a fantasy world because mine was not a nice place.

The 12 step program is kinda like AA but is taylored for FA to help people with Food Addictions.

I am so much happier but now that I have dealt with my emotional eating issues I still have to learn how to live.

I am thankful to God and am really ready for sharing my story and using this new tool for my next adventure on My Fitness Pal. I still have substantial weight to lose at 227 but at least I am not 335 anymore.

This site looks great and I will enjoy the new journey .

Starteam 144

Replies

• starteam144
    starteam144 Posts: 22 Member
    Hello Everyone,

I was introduced to this site by a friend and I love it. What a wonderful tool.

I first started dieting because we hired a new team member who just shined... she was everything I wanted to be...I prayed and asked God for the power to overcome my issues with my weight and at 335 lbs I felt like I was going to die.

My mental state was not that great... I felt depressed and I was lacking lifeskills. I heard about a program through work called lifeskills 411 and it basically taught me that I don't have to stay fat all my life. I can change. I learned that the brain will do anything you tell it to. The classes helped me make up my mind.

Then I used Oprah's Commitment where she challenged 1 million people to lose weight. I signed my contract with her and kept it up on my wall at work. I saw it every day and was reminded of the promises I had made.

Then my co workers were my fan club at Stellar Enterprise. They cheered my every pound. I can honestly say the lifeskills program and my co workers...are the biggest reason I have lost 109 lbs.

A person I go to church with had lost a substantial amount of weight and she came over during the Christmas Holiday and brought her own food. She then told me about the FA program (Food Addicts Anonymous) which is a free 12 step program that deals with the mental obsession of food addiction.\

Its kinda funny but some people do use food as a drug and they just cant stop eating.

The program along with lifeskills 411, my co workers and my friends helped me get the moral support I needed to deal with the biggest challenge of my life... what was really eating me so that I refused to give up the comfort of my food?

The root issues I dealt with took me back to my childhood which was full of abuse and trauma. This is where I learned my unhealthy coping skills of using food to deal with how I was feeling and to avoid life... I just made something to eat and vegged out in front of the TV.

I lived in a fantasy world because mine was not a nice place.

The 12 step program is kinda like AA but is taylored for FA to help people with Food Addictions.

I am so much happier but now that I have dealt with my emotional eating issues I still have to learn how to live.

I am thankful to God and am really ready for sharing my story and using this new tool for my next adventure on My Fitness Pal. I still have substantial weight to lose at 227 but at least I am not 335 anymore.

This site looks great and I will enjoy the new journey .

Starteam 144
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Welcome, and what a great story! Congrats on your weight loss!
  • stillkristi
    stillkristi Posts: 1,135 Member
    WElcome! This is a great website! I hope you enjoy it! I am sending a copy of it to the OVer 300 club if thats ok. You are a great motivation and I hope you will check out that thread and join in to tell us all how you have done this!

Good job!
  • queenmina
    queenmina Posts: 84 Member
    Congratulations on losing over 100lbs! That's way awesome!

And welcome to MFP. It's a wonderful place to be when you need to get in shape. I'm sure you'll find a lot of help and support here.

Good luck on your continuing journey! God Bless!
  • jackeh
    jackeh Posts: 1,515 Member
    what an amazing accomplishment to lose over 100 pounds!!!! One day I will be able to say that i made that accomplishment too:wink:
    welcome to the site:flowerforyou:
    I also wanted to mention that i was looking at your profile pic and i think you are beautiful!! Keep at it!!! you can do this:flowerforyou:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever. You will love it here. I :heart: this site. It is so motivational, supportive, helpful, and everyone is so nice and friendly here. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this.:smile::flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: Congrats on the weight loss, that is just awesome.
  • Jelybe
    Jelybe Posts: 266 Member
    Welcome! :flowerforyou:

Congratulations on your great success so far!

And thank you for sharing your story, I'm sure that it will be very helpful to many on this site.

Here's to you and your current goals!! :drinker:
  • sz6125
    sz6125 Posts: 1
    Congratulations! I will be joining your club some day and will celebrate 180 lbs lost with the help of the Lord!
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,902 Member
    Welcome to MFP :flowerforyou:

I have a friend who has lost weight and kept it off as the result of her membership in FA. She brings her own food to events and has inspired me.

thanks for sharing your story. I think you'll find tools and friends here that will fit right in with your FA program.

Good luck :bigsmile:
  • ktthegr8
    ktthegr8 Posts: 479
    Good for you! Welcome:flowerforyou: This is a great site. Good luck!:bigsmile:
  • MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Welcome - congratulations on your incredible success so far!! :drinker: Here's to added success :drinker: <
    always water :tongue:
  • pixiestick
    pixiestick Posts: 839 Member
    It's true what they say: it's so much easier when you're not alone. My weight loss didn't really kick in until my friend across the hall just started saying "you'll be skinny." "I believe that you can do this!" and that before I had even really started anything! It's like I was energized by her commitment to my health. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Keep going! The battle is long, but the victory is so worth it. :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    I also wanted to mention that i was looking at your profile pic and i think you are beautiful!! ...

I agree :happy: and welcome!