I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited!!

Options
kerrilucko
kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
Yesterday was the best day ever! We had our Income tax processed at H&R block and were told that combined we would be getting about 4000$ back! We were so happy because that more than pays for the honeymoon we have planned.

So yesterday our checks arrived in the mail.... and instead of 4000$ we got just under 7000$!! I was crying I was so happy!! So now we are using that money for the honeymoon (3000$) towards my student loans ($2000) and the rest towards the wedding! :) yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

What are you all doing with you tax returns? Something fun I hope!! Sorry, just so excited I had to share!!

Replies

• kerrilucko
    Options
    Yesterday was the best day ever! We had our Income tax processed at H&R block and were told that combined we would be getting about 4000$ back! We were so happy because that more than pays for the honeymoon we have planned.

So yesterday our checks arrived in the mail.... and instead of 4000$ we got just under 7000$!! I was crying I was so happy!! So now we are using that money for the honeymoon (3000$) towards my student loans ($2000) and the rest towards the wedding! :) yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

What are you all doing with you tax returns? Something fun I hope!! Sorry, just so excited I had to share!!
  • jackeh
    jackeh Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    NICE!!!!! i wish i got money like that back... unfortunately no such luck.... i might gat 600 back... i havent done my taxes yet...
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    GOOD FOR YOU!
    Great timing
    We are getting back a few thousand but that will go into the kids college funds and savings....
    Nothing fun on this end...

Kim
  • kerrilucko
    Options
    We get a lot back living here because we get somthing called a "Northern allowance" basically you get it if you live in isolated northern locations (at least in Manitoba) we get something like $3.17 a day just for living here. My fiance also gets a portion of his university tuitions back because he's working here. SOme new manitoba thing they started to encourge certified individuals to come here for work. We'll never get this much back once we return to ontario, but it sure is helping out this year! :flowerforyou:
  • ladyofivy
    ladyofivy Posts: 648
    Options

Congratulations. :smile:

Our taxes are long gone. LOL I couldn't even tell you how we spent them, to be honest. I think we put it into savings and then had a bunch of car repairs or something come up. So, it was boring for us. LOL I hope you enjoy that wonderful wedding and honeymoon--and you're DOWN to the beautiful size you've been waiting for! It's like a plan is coming together! You WILL look gorgeous in that beautiful wedding. I'm so jealous! Way to go, girl, you deserve it! :happy:
  • jackeh
    jackeh Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    im moving to northern manitoba!!!!!!:laugh: ontario taxes just arent enough:laugh:
  • kerrilucko
    Options
    im moving to northern manitoba!!!!!!:laugh: ontario taxes just arent enough:laugh:

haha ya but that's really the only perk. it's awful here. Not to mention unless you're a teacher or a nurse, you'll never find a job here. There's nothing where we live except for a school, a small convenience store and a clinic.... lol and the nearest town is 2 hours away!
  • kerrilucko
    Options
    gah, sticky fingers. :flowerforyou:
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    I got my taxes in February, about $1800 and paid down some bills, including a Christmas Loan (which was more like a catch-up-your-overdue-living-expenses-loan), because my boyfriends been out of work since October.

Congratulations.
  • HealthierMamasita
    HealthierMamasita Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    Wow!!
    That's awesome!!!

We're putting some towards our Disney trip for next year.
    Disney was suppose to be this year but things happened so had to postpone:ohwell:
    Some will be used for our vacation to the thousand islands this Summer, baseball games in NYC and other Summer things.

:flowerforyou:
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Wooo that sounds awesome! i spent all $2000 of mine paying off debt! I'm done to one credit card left to pay off and about $40k (and growing) in student loans. :drinker:
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    My husband, daughter and I took a trip with friends to San Diego CA for 10 days. We went to Sea World, the Zoo and the ocean. Had a nice suite on the ocean too. Then we payed off one of our car loans and a credit card. That is what we did.

Awesome to have surprise money.
  • j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options
    I have been not working and trying to get on disabilty for almost 2 years so we have acrroded lots of debt. The only cool thing we got (had to get) was a new bed and boy that was worth every cent. Everything else went to catching up on bills and then putting the rest into savings to help pay for bills till my disabilty went through or to help anyways and thank goodness I got a letter in the mail two weeks ago saying i was granted for disabilty. We cried for over an hour we were so happy and relieved. So with that back pay we got a credit card almost gone and we are feeling a big relief I can't even explain it. :blushing:
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Wish we got something back this year. Unfortunately we had to pay ($6600:mad: :mad: :sad: ):cry: for the first time in 12 years. Hopefully uncle sam doesn't waste it.
  • benzrich230
    Options
    so..you're still fat
  • kerrilucko
    Options
    Awesome guys! ay we probably should put ours all down on debt, but we don't owe much. just 10K in my student loans, we've already finished paying off his.... And hey, they wedding is happening, money or not so we might as well let it help us. Disney sounds AWESOME and actually so does the new bed! lol

ditto the flagged comment. holy rude.
  • carolstrange0
    Options
    Hubby and i should be paying about 6000.00 towards the IRS :grumble:
    But since he did go to school and stuff.... we now pay about 2,600.00 :grumble:
    :grumble: :grumble:

But im gald that others are getting money back... thats awesome!

Hopefully next year we'll get something ... who knows! they've been sticking it to us since 2004!
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options
    good for you kerri! i like when good things happen to good peeps! and the rest of you getting refunds as well! :drinker:
    too bad for me, i owe $1400 :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:
  • MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Yaaaay Kerri!! That is so neat - We got a large chunck back - almost $7000. Have about $1500 still in savings and had fun with the rest. Nice to know your honeymoon is paid for and have some extra $ to put toward the wedding - congrats!! :drinker: