I made it one year....kept the weight off!

Options
kimber607
kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
HI EVERYONE

I came here in Jan 08 and lost 30 pounds by April-ish 08
Over the summer I was at my lowest.....I'm now 3 pounds heavier
I logged in my weight this am and realized i logged in the same day last year and weight the EXACT same
So, even though I am up 3 pounds from my lowest....and was feeling a little down about that
I'm very happy that I weight the same today that I did last year at this time .....and have been able to keep off most of the 30 pounds over this year

I don't use the food journal on line anymore
But I still write down my calorie intake daily and weigh in minimum every 2weeks....work out daily!

Just wanted to say THANK-YOU to everyone here on MFP (my peeps) for all their advice/support and motivation

Good luck to everyone on their journey!
I would post before/after pics if I was computer literate enough
In my profile I have one 'before' pic from x-mas with my kids
I'm on my stomach...trying to show as little as possible....

Kim

Replies

• kimber607
    Options
    HI EVERYONE

I came here in Jan 08 and lost 30 pounds by April-ish 08
    Over the summer I was at my lowest.....I'm now 3 pounds heavier
    I logged in my weight this am and realized i logged in the same day last year and weight the EXACT same
    So, even though I am up 3 pounds from my lowest....and was feeling a little down about that
    I'm very happy that I weight the same today that I did last year at this time .....and have been able to keep off most of the 30 pounds over this year

I don't use the food journal on line anymore
    But I still write down my calorie intake daily and weigh in minimum every 2weeks....work out daily!

Just wanted to say THANK-YOU to everyone here on MFP (my peeps) for all their advice/support and motivation

Good luck to everyone on their journey!
    I would post before/after pics if I was computer literate enough
    In my profile I have one 'before' pic from x-mas with my kids
    I'm on my stomach...trying to show as little as possible....

Kim
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    wtg
  • hopeitworks
    hopeitworks Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Wow, that's really great that you've been able to keep the weight off. I'm five pounds away from my goal and I'm already getting really nervous about maintaining. I've lost weight before and gained some back, and I'm hoping this time it will stay off for good. You give me hope that it can be done. Keep up the great work.
  • rstarks54
    rstarks54 Posts: 163
    Options
    Congratulations, and thank you so much for being an inspiration to the rest of us...there is hope!! Best to you always, Rick
  • Violet_Mist
    Options
    That's great! I'm worried about maintaining my weight when I lose it all, too. Do you get to eat more calories now?:drinker:
  • kechiemc
    kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    Congratulations and thank you for sharing your story.:flowerforyou:
  • kimber607
    Options
    Thanks everyone :)

After posting, I initially felt silly about complaining about gaining 3 pounds
    If a few years ago, I had a smaller friend of mine complain about gaining 3 pounds I would be rolling my eyes
    It's not so much the 3 pounds but the fear of gaining it all back (and some)...I'm sure some of u can understand

These days I eat about 2000 cals a day....
    I still love to eat so I never have a problem eating all my cals
    I work out daily....yoga, walking and/or J/M 30 day shred

Kim
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    way to go:flowerforyou:
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    That's great Kim...and I totally understand about the 3 pounds...I feel the same way....
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    Congrats, Kimber!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    that's really great--you should be proud!
  • ladyofivy
    ladyofivy Posts: 648
    Options
    Fantastic! That's wonderful! I know that I will be following in your footsteps once I'm down to my ideal size. You are an inspiration!!! :flowerforyou: Thanks for sharing!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!