Sizzlin' Summer Slimdown 04.16.09

Options
:flowerforyou: Good Morning!!! :flowerforyou:

It is a beautiful day here and I am in an overly happy mood!!! :bigsmile:

I have my training session later this afternoon and might sneak in a run as well and enjoy the fresh air!

Blessings for a fantastic day to each of you!!! :heart:

Replies

• Theresa35
    Theresa35 Posts: 1,102
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Good Morning!!! :flowerforyou:

It is a beautiful day here and I am in an overly happy mood!!! :bigsmile:

I have my training session later this afternoon and might sneak in a run as well and enjoy the fresh air!

Blessings for a fantastic day to each of you!!! :heart:
  • smadag1
    smadag1 Posts: 1,368
    Options
    Did real bad yesterday went over on my calories and WAY over on my sodium. I had planned to work out but my DH was trying to sleep and my elliptical makes too much noise and was keeping him up. By the time he left for work it was too late and I was too tired. I will do better today. I am going to the store today to load up with veggies and good stuff. So far only 1/40 in excercies.OH WELL:drinker:

Does anyone have an idea of how I can get all this extra sodium out of my system?
    I hope you all are doing well and are feeling good.:flowerforyou:

Lots of water and healthy choices for me today.:drinker:

I hope yoiu all have a wonderful day
  • Aeilm
    Aeilm Posts: 92
    Options
    I am so tired today. I have a house full of sick kiddos and a baby who let me get 4 hours of broken sleep last night. BUT I am still going to do some kickboxing this morning and go walking with BFF this afternoon. The sun is shining bright this morning and it's going to be warmer today!! Just had a bowl of cheerios and and now to drink some coffee....:yawn:

Hope everyone has a good day!
  • Theresa35
    Options
    Did real bad yesterday went over on my calories and WAY over on my sodium. I had planned to work out but my DH was trying to sleep and my elliptical makes too much noise and was keeping him up. By the time he left for work it was too late and I was too tired. I will do better today. I am going to the store today to load up with veggies and good stuff. So far only 1/40 in excercies.OH WELL:drinker:

Does anyone have an idea of how I can get all this extra sodium out of my system?

We all have those days...today is a new morning! Just lots of water to flush out the sodium. Have a great one!!! :drinker:
  • Theresa35
    Options
    I am so tired today. I have a house full of sick kiddos and a baby who let me get 4 hours of broken sleep last night. BUT I am still going to do some kickboxing this morning and go walking with BFF this afternoon. The sun is shining bright this morning and it's going to be warmer today!! Just had a bowl of cheerios and and now to drink some coffee....:yawn:

Great attitude....enjoy the weather! :flowerforyou:
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Good Morning! I am back from vacation - did great with food choices even though the best wasn't always on the menu - no gain while gone. Ran one day while on vacation . I think walking for 8 hours at Busch gardens should count too!! But laying on the beach at Cocoa Beach - well that was pure laziness I mean pure bliss!

So happy to see we're here once again!

Wake up Ashe-hope the kids feel better

Smadag- do better today - don't look back at yesterday!

Hope to get to the gym tonight - not sure we're preparing the house for appraisal to complete our refi so we'll see with working how much me and the kiddos can get done today.

Happy to be back from vacation - sending you all my :heart:
  • Chuffmn
    Chuffmn Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Good Morning!

Well yesterday went pretty well; I walked the dog for a half hour in the afternoon and then did 20 minutes on the elliptical. I had programmed 30 but became dizzy and had to stop ;). Will try again today to get in the whole hour.

Spring is here and I am feeling fantastic! Hope you all have a beautiful day!!
  • Aeilm
    Options

Yes, LOTS of water. Today will be better. :smile:
  • Aeilm
    Options

Great attitude....enjoy the weather! :flowerforyou:

TY! And I def will enjoy this beautiful weather.
    Have a wonderful day. :flowerforyou:
  • Aeilm
    Options
    Good Morning! I am back from vacation - did great with food choices even though the best wasn't always on the menu - no gain while gone. Ran one day while on vacation . I think walking for 8 hours at Busch gardens should count too!! But laying on the beach at Cocoa Beach - well that was pure laziness I mean pure bliss!

So happy to see we're here once again!

Wake up Ashe-hope the kids feel better

Smadag- do better today - don't look back at yesterday!

Hope to get to the gym tonight - not sure we're preparing the house for appraisal to complete our refi so we'll see with working how much me and the kiddos can get done today.

Happy to be back from vacation - sending you all my :heart:

GREAT JOB on vacation!!!!!!!!!!!

Haha... I am def. more awake now than I was a few hours ago. Getting ready to do a few minutes of yoga stretching and a lil kickboxing workout.

Have a great day!
  • shannahrose
    shannahrose Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Good day yesterday...i came in about right on on my calories, but didn't get a workout it. still stuck at 1/30 workouts. but pilates is tonight! :bigsmile:

i can feel my TOM coming on today, so i will stay away from the scale until it is done! haha! i don't even want to know...

i'm trying hard to scale down and eventually eliminate my late-night eating. i started april 1 by setting limits for myself of 8:30 sunday-thurs and 9:30 friday & saturday nights. i've only messed up on one night so far this month- i think it is helping. just an idea for those battling late-night cravings- (probably most of us! :blushing: :blushing: )

doing well so far on this challenge- down 1 lb, but gotta step it up on the exercise!

welcome back from vaca, chrissy! :flowerforyou:
  • Theresa35
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Welcome back Chrissy...we missed you! Sounds like a wonderful time...:drinker: :heart:
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    Did real well yesterday on calories and went to jazzercise. Today is going to be another story!
    I over slepts so I didn't have time to get my work out clothes together so no jazzercise, but I will try to make myself get on the treadmill when I get home. It's the boss' birthday so cake and mexican food for lunch! Yikes!!!!!

Congrats to everyone, Keep it up.

1/40 workouts! :sad:

Memaw
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Do we have a 40 workout challenge for this one?????

What was our start day?
  • shannahrose
    shannahrose Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Do we have a 40 workout challenge for this one?????

What was our start day?

we started on monday 4/13 and will end on 5/22. we are working toward 30/40 workout days. it's a hefty goal!! :drinker: :drinker:
  • smadag1
    smadag1 Posts: 1,368
    Options
    Most of us are trying for 30/40 workout days. The challange started this past Monday and runs until 5/22. Glad you had fun on vacation. :flowerforyou:
  • buffjess
    buffjess Posts: 382
    Options
    Had a good day yesterday! Made healthy choices and went walking twice! My mom is also doing it with me so that helps too! Hope everyone has a awesome day full of healthy choices!!

Going out of town tomorrow so wont be checking back in till sunday! But hope you all have a good weekend!!!
  • Opera_Bound
    Opera_Bound Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    :drinker: Happy Thirsty Thursday Ladies! :drinker: <--clearly, it's WATER! :wink:

Chrissy - Welcome back and congrats on a great Vacation! :bigsmile: I know it's hard to stay focused when you're not in your daily routine but you're proof it can be done! :flowerforyou: And we missed you too! :heart:

Theresa - :flowerforyou: Thanks for getting us started! Good morning to you!

Ash - Keep up your hard work. :flowerforyou: Hope the kids feel better and let ya get some stuff accomplished. Love the outlook!

Shannah - You can do it! :bigsmile: Congrats on the limits of not eating late. I struggle with the fact that if I work out after 6 pm, by the time I make it home and shower, it's after 8 or 8:30 and I'm not really hungry but know I need to eat. So then it's 9:30 -10 by the time I'm finished cooking/cleaning. So frustrating, but I'm not really hungry for dinner at 5:30 either. :grumble: I've been trying to be more conscious about what I do eat late tho. So we'll see...I'll use you as my inspiration and force myself NOT to eat after 8:00! Thanks! :flowerforyou:

Memaw - YAY FOR JAZZERCISE! :drinker: Drink up your water at the lunch and if you take a slice of cake, get just enough for 2 bites. Those are the only ones that matter! You can do it!

As for me ladies, yesterday was a pretty decent day. Only about 100 cals over but UNDER on Sodium. No workout tho as my arms felt like jello hanging off my shoulders. They're still sore today - but guess that means my workout on Tuesday was a good one! :bigsmile:

Got the call that my dress for my friend's wedding is in, can't wait to pick it up and try it on tomorrow! I ordered a 22 because my silly measurements fall in 3 different sizes! :angry: Bust - sz 18, Waist - sz 22, Hips - sz 20. GO FIGURE! OH well. We'll see how it works and any alterations I'll have to get made. OBVIOUSLY in the BUST! :sad: :laugh:

Today will be a great day. Today will make 3/30 days for Exercise. Planning on getting in 40 mins on the ArcTrainer tonight. No weights as my foot is still bothering me and I can't do lower body. Maybe some ab work. Need to drink up on my water.

Keep up the great work ladies! You're all wonderful! :flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou:
  • Pattyisgr8
    Pattyisgr8 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Well I've completed 3/40 workouts so far, but the next three days may be way off. My hubby it taking me away for my b-day, where... I don't know?! So I'm gonna get in a workout before we leave but I'm a bit on edge about where he will be taking me to dinner, lunch, ect. There is no gym that I know of so it will be losts of walking and crunches wherever we are. Wish me luck!
  • plussizemommy
    Options
    I'm doing great with my calories, sodium, exercise, and water. But, I'm still weighing in at 301 so I dk what is up with that? :grumble: I completed 2/40 yesterday with a new tae-bo video on my OnDemand channel! I had an awesome dinner last night, it was so yummy, low-cal and low sodium! I just wonder why my weight is not dropping, I keep feeling like TOM is coming but it is not here yet, idk!? Anyway, good luck and good going everyone else!! I can't wait until the temperature warms up here in Ohio, it has been cold and rainy the past 3 days!