New to dieting

Options
Im very new to dieting.

So,

(Not that I will by any means, but) If you are allowed 2000 calories a day, and you eat 1800 calories worth of mars bars you would still lose weight?

Is that how it works? as long as you take in the correct amount of calories you WILL lose weight?

Replies

• Nicola0000
    Nicola0000 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Im very new to dieting.

So,

(Not that I will by any means, but) If you are allowed 2000 calories a day, and you eat 1800 calories worth of mars bars you would still lose weight?

Is that how it works? as long as you take in the correct amount of calories you WILL lose weight?

In theory yes you would, but you would probably be very ill through lack of nutrients.
    Weight loss is simple math
    Weight loss= calories in- calories out. Burn more cals than you eat= lose weight! x
  • HonkyTonks
    HonkyTonks Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    Im very new to dieting.

So,

Yes.
  • slimmerchick
    slimmerchick Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Rather than mars bars just imagine having 1800 calories worth of alcohol and no food - you'd be very ill - so you need to eat real food :), and the less processed the better for your health.
  • ukdeveloper
    Options
    Thanks for your replies....

I really had no intention of eating 1800 calories worth of mars bars LOL, just wanted to know if thats how the logistics work.

Thanks for clarifying for me.

Carl.