Intelligent guys on MFP

Replies

• shanlynt
    shanlynt Posts: 718 Member
    I'd rather they just be stupid and good looking :tongue:
  • christibam
    christibam Posts: 478 Member
    I'd say I'm pretty smart and my grades would agree. My friends, however, insist that I need a helmet most of the time.

I'm also not a guy... but hey!
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,871 Member
    I :heart: smart geeky guys!
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    I'd rather they just be stupid and good looking :tongue:
    Looks like we are after the same men! :)
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Hmm, don't know about super smart but I love to read and have an interest in science and computers. Does that count... ?
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,605 Member
    At uni one of the nicest things said to me was "for someone who looks so dumb I am actually quite smart" and that was from a so called friend

This reminds me of a complement paid to me by the PT when I started at my gym. 'You're much fitter than you look'. Aw gee, thanks. Backhanded complements rule.
  • KennyPollard
    KennyPollard Posts: 36 Member
    Quotes to live by

Better to be thought of as a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt

The only thing I know, is that I know nothing

If you are not having fun, you are doing it wrong
  • bellavie23
    bellavie23 Posts: 83 Member
    <<smart girl :) add me if youd like
  • Iamkim73
    Iamkim73 Posts: 924 Member

^ this
  • hapoo100
    hapoo100 Posts: 926 Member
    graduated high school at 16, college at 20. My reality TV=discovery channel or nat geo.

I'm not just a nerd club member, I am the president.
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member

^ this

^^ and this for me too!
  • Iamkim73
    Iamkim73 Posts: 924 Member
    graduated high school at 16, college at 20. My reality TV=discovery channel or nat geo.

I'm not just a nerd club member, I am the president.

^ that + humor = Awesome!
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    I'm smart enough to know that I'm not smart by comparison to smarter people than me.
  • CAKEDOC
    CAKEDOC Posts: 110 Member
    smart DOC of Pharmacy here :)
  • patricknsmith
    patricknsmith Posts: 261 Member
    Ahhh, finally a place for us geeks.
  • I'm not smart but I feel left out... Can I join the "banter?"
  • CalJur
    CalJur Posts: 627 Member
    Ask and you shall receive although I must take issue with perception that a man can only be good looking if he is stupid and/or smart equals geek. Likely meant in fun which I understand (so no one please become defensive) but it is these so-called funny remarks which some men, especially young men, attempting to find themselves aspire. It would appear to me that a woman would want a man who can stimulate her mentally as well as physically. If you are receiving one at the expense of the other then you are missing out and possibly selling yourself short. I'm here to tell you that a real man can do both quite well, among other things. Truth.
  • i like to think i can hold a conversation.....
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    not sure how smart i am in comparison to others but i love meeting and talking to smart people.
  • tross0924
    tross0924 Posts: 909 Member
    I be smart and stuff. :wink:

But I really can't spell too awfully well. I read something when I was a kid that said people with high IQs often were poor spellers and used that as an excuse to not put as much effort into spelling as I should have. Luckily for me, I was born during the start of the computer age, and someone much smarter than me developed Spell Check.