Low calorie lunch ideas

Options
I am on 1200 calories a day and I am getting bored with my current lunches. Does anyone have any low calorie lunch ideas? What are some of your favorites?

Replies

• christinehetz80
    christinehetz80 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    I personally work a lot with leftovers from the night before in doing a "new version" for lunch with small changes.
  • Donnaakamagmid
    Donnaakamagmid Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Homemade soups are delicious and filling. Tones of recipes out there. Today I am making hot sausage, lentil & kale soup. great spicy flavor filling & full of fiber.
  • Kimmy0905
    Kimmy0905 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I alternate lunches with high carb one day, low carb the next.

Eg.
    LOW CARB: Tin of flavoured tuna w mixed garden salad plus 1/2 avocado & one slice of grilled haloumi
    PROS: The flavoured tuna (I have mine undrained) acts as a dressing so you don't need one. It also doesn't just taste like salt either. I don't know where you're from but I like John West Chili Lime & Ginger chunks in olive oil & the avocado satisfies my fat craving with good unsaturated fat. You could make your own blend of the tuna flavours too.
    CONS: This one needs to be eaten fresh, haloumi needs to be warm otherwise it tastes like rubber.

MORE CARB: 1/2 cup cooked brown rice with 10 steamed snowpeas, handful of chopped celery, 2TBSP hummus and 1/2 cup roast chicken.
    PROS: Really filling and satisfying. Chicken gives you lean protein and the brown rice is also low-gi.
    CONS: Need to think in advance. However, if you just cook the rice/snowpeas/chicken the night before, the chicken and rice can just be reheated and combined with the other ingredients.

Hope that helps!
  • jiggy_gibby
    Options
    Soup - so many options - watch the sodium. High protein - lentil soup -yum! Eat with a pita or piece of lavash bread.

Make a crustless quiche at home on Sunday- keeps in fridge until Thursday. One pie dish cut into 6 servings - around 250 calories each if you use reduced fat cheese and sub egg whites for half of the whole eggs. Serve with mixed greens. Frozen Peaches or strawberries will defrost by lunch - you get dessert at lunch for 50 calories!

Hummus with raw veggies and an apple or pear.

Chicken baked or grilled the night before - cut up in wrap with fresh veg.