super annoyed!

Options
for hte past 10 days i have been doing the 30ds and eatting well. (except yesterday it was my birthday) and i have actually gained 2 lbs and have not lost a single pound!!!! maybe i shouldn't be doing the 30 day shred until i get a few pounds off??? HELP!!!

Replies

• HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    Are your clothes fitting better? Do you notice changes in your body? Stick with it for the whole 30 days. Just because the scale is up doesn't mean you have gained fat. Strength training will not make you gain fat so stopping it sounds silly.
  • doornumber03
    doornumber03 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    best advice i can tell you is to stop listening to the scale....take your measurements bi-weekly to see the results. You definitely should not stop 30DS to lose weight. Are you eating enough?
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    I'm guessing you have depleted glycogen so after you eat some carbs and hopefully a ton of protein, your muscles get flooded with glycogen and BCAAs.
    This can cause gains.
    Also if you arent taking rest days the body tends to hold onto some fat for energy because chances are you probably arent eating enough to fuel your cause.
  • AllergicToExercise
    AllergicToExercise Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I am almost at the end of 30DS and have lost no weight whatsoever but over 14 inches. Take your measurements as the success can't always be shown on the scales!
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    It has been 10 days. Give yourself time, for heaven's sake.
  • MaggiePuccini
    MaggiePuccini Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    for hte past 10 days i have been doing the 30ds and eatting well. (except yesterday it was my birthday) and i have actually gained 2 lbs and have not lost a single pound!!!! maybe i shouldn't be doing the 30 day shred until i get a few pounds off??? HELP!!!

I've gained two pounds doing it as well. i feel slimmer though. I am measuring better, i look better, but yeah i'm heavier. ps, edited to add, I started it 60 days ago and since i finished it i've been doing it at least two nights out of three. 3 out of 4 more like actually, and i do two levels at a time for a longer workout.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Dont stop! take measurements and pics. You will see :)

Absolutely.

If you're eating right, you're not gaining fat. It's more likely fluid retention from working your muscles in new ways. Give it time.
  • SanDFit
    SanDFit Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    The same thing happened to me with 30DS. After the first week I weighed 2lbs more. Now I'm going to do L3D1 tomorrow and the 2lbs have come off. I also myself before starting 30DS and today and have lost 2.5 inches of my stomach and waist. 1/2 an inch off my arms.An inch off my thighs. So hang in there. there will be results.
  • EmpressOfJudgment
    EmpressOfJudgment Posts: 1,162 Member
    Options
    The scale is evil. It lies. Don't listen to it. Be smart and keep going.
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    You should search "2 pound gain + 30ds"

You'll be shocked.

On the cover of that dvd they should write, "You'll gain 2 pounds in the first ten days and freak out, but don't quit. Because then you'll get, like, totally shredded!"
  • ahavoc
    ahavoc Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Just keep going. Don't stop. Let your body adjust to more muscle and less fat.
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    You can be 'eating well' and staying under calories but if you're eating too much sugar (I was) or other micros it will stall your weight loss. I was STUNNED when I started tracking my sugar intake- I had NO idea I ingested that much sugar, you get used to in & do it unconsciously

Track your micro nutrients & get them in line. And as other ppl said- take your measurements. I didn't pay much attn to this at first but it's definitely true.
    Could be you're not losing- just re-distributing. Losing inches is just as good as losing pounds
  • jennmarv2002
    Options
    I usually have anywhere around 200-400 cal's left at the end of the day. I'm just full! I did add some cut veggies to my lunch thou-maybe that will help! Thanks for all the advice!!!!
  • heathermarie517
    Options
    Oh, girl! I'm with you today. Not doing the 30DS, but have been working out solid for 2 weeks straight with spinning and Body Pump classes. Results were minimal....so, so sad, but NOT deterred! I'm ready to keep on going and staying strong. Sounds like we are a good match for motivation! Keep up your great work!! :)