drinking water and headaches

Options
Can anyone tell me why i do get headaches drinking water each day ?

it says to drink 8 to 10 glasses of water a day is Good for you but what about controling the headaches that comes with that ?

PS; i also Stop drinking coffee because i have problem with heartburn so i do not really know what do drink anymore in the morning

chai,herbal tea or regular teas dont help ?

cant drink any Juices that is high in Acid

someone shoot me !!!

Replies

• izzydino
    izzydino Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    That happens to me when I don't have enough sodium in my diet. I like fruit base teas but I am unsure on how acidic it is:(.
    Good luck my friend. Stomach issues aren't easy.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    Are you possibly having caffeine withdrawal headaches from quitting coffee?
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    Are you drinking ice cold water? This could be the cause for the headaches - kinda like brain freeze. How about trying to drink it warmer instead?

For me, my headaches have completely gone away with drinking water. I rarely get them anymore and usually are a sign of a sinus infection for me. I drink roughly 12-15 glasses of water a day.

Also, how long has it been since you've had caffeine? The headaches from caffeine withdrawal last about 2-3 weeks for me. Perhaps adding a little back in might help. Or use excedrin, which contains caffeine, to help with them.

Otherwise, see your doctor!
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options

I second this. Caffeine withdrawl can be a b****, which is why I'm still completely addicted!
  • jeni_Giedd
    Options
    That was MY thought exactly! They always say on pain meds bottles to take it with a glass of water because the #1 cause of headaches is dehydration. Keep up with the water...
  • sreg23
    sreg23 Posts: 1
    Options
    I know this is an older thread, but I have been searching for answers. I rarely drink water and everytime I decide to go on a diet kick I start drinking my water. I only drink about 5 glasses a day (which for me is a lot right now) but I have noticed that everytime I start drinking water I get headaches. It's not from caffeine withdrawals because I am still drinking coffee. I am not doing any kind of rigorous training either. I have been searching for an answer to these headaches because they drive me crazy.