yo yoing

Options
that is what I am doing. I am stuck to going back and forth from 256 to 258, how do I stop doing this and go down? I have played around with my calorie intake to see what works best for me, but nothing seems to help. I am doing my exercise although I didn't yesterday b/c yesterday was my birthday. I am not complaining I know that I have lost a lot of weight in a short amount of time, I just want to know how to go down instead of back and forth, any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    that is what I am doing. I am stuck to going back and forth from 256 to 258, how do I stop doing this and go down? I have played around with my calorie intake to see what works best for me, but nothing seems to help. I am doing my exercise although I didn't yesterday b/c yesterday was my birthday. I am not complaining I know that I have lost a lot of weight in a short amount of time, I just want to know how to go down instead of back and forth, any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Plateau, baby, plateau. Your body got used to what you were doing and what you were eating. Perhaps a total change in your exercise? What are you normally doing? If you're walking, run. Or take an aerobics class or get an aerobics video. If you are a member of the gym take some different classes, swim aerobics, whatever. Shake it up!

BTW your goals of keeping at 10 pounds a month are pretty high...
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    Plateau, baby, plateau. Your body got used to what you were doing and what you were eating. Perhaps a total change in your exercise? What are you normally doing? If you're walking, run. Or take an aerobics class or get an aerobics video. If you are a member of the gym take some different classes, swim aerobics, whatever. Shake it up!

BTW your goals of keeping at 10 pounds a month are pretty high...

I ride my stationary bike every day, but I just have got back to exercising after being a total slacker for 3 weeks, I just started back on Monday, so I will try to do something different. I don't go to a gym, wish that I had the money for that.
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options
    do you have cable tv? i personally do not but i have read on these boards that there are fitness shows to watch and they are free. i think its 'on demand'.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    do you have cable tv? i personally do not but i have read on these boards that there are fitness shows to watch and they are free. i think its 'on demand'.

I have a satelite, I will have to see if there is some on there.
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    You can try interval biking for a few days out of the week. I read that interval training can boost your metabolism.

There are also lots of free videos online at youtube and exercisetv.com.
  • MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Get some 5 lb hand weights and add some strengthing and toning work to your exercise - arms and then do some squats and lunges - or if you can get the Biggest Loser workout video - the first one - the Strengthen & Tone is great and will help tone some muscles so you can up your metabolism a little and get moving again. I got mine at Hastings for about $10.

Other than that - sometimes our bodies need a little time to adjust to a difference in hormone release as we lose weight. I think you've been here long enough - if I remember correctly - for your body to have adjusted. Maybe with your regular exercise, take a walk in the evening or opposite when you normally bike - do both - just a 20 minute walk or so - just to add a little extra.

It will start coming off again! Sooner or later you'll find the right key. Perseverence. (Ugh, sometimes I hate that work :laugh: ) Good job so far - keep on truckin lady!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    Get some 5 lb hand weights and add some strengthing and toning work to your exercise - arms and then do some squats and lunges - or if you can get the Biggest Loser workout video - the first one - the Strengthen & Tone is great and will help tone some muscles so you can up your metabolism a little and get moving again. I got mine at Hastings for about $10.

Other than that - sometimes our bodies need a little time to adjust to a difference in hormone release as we lose weight. I think you've been here long enough - if I remember correctly - for your body to have adjusted. Maybe with your regular exercise, take a walk in the evening or opposite when you normally bike - do both - just a 20 minute walk or so - just to add a little extra.

It will start coming off again! Sooner or later you'll find the right key. Perseverence. (Ugh, sometimes I hate that work :laugh: ) Good job so far - keep on truckin lady!

thanks, I will have to check into the biggest loser workout video, I have some water weights, I also have Walk Away the Pounds with water weights by Leslie Sansone, another video by her too, I have a shape the mari winsor pilates, I haven't even tried yet. I am going to keep pushing though, I am not giving up and I am going to get past this. Thank you so much for all the great tips.
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    if $ is an issue, you can request dvd's from the library and then keep them for a week or two. this will also allow for variety.
    i don't have wts yet--i use two 1 lb soup cans for this one dvd of mine. it's a start!

you've done so great so far and you are always so encouraging to others--good luck with this next step :flowerforyou:
  • WantToBeMoreActive
    Options
    I don't go to a gym either mainly because I like exercise classes and my local gym doesn't have any.

www.exercisetv.tv as someone mentioned earlier is great. You can do different workouts depending on your preferences.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    Thank you all for the great tips. I will have to try alot of these, I get bored very easy when it comes to exercise and I think that is why I have been such a slacker as far as not doing any for 3 weeks, but I am bound and determined to do it. I don't want to gain back the weight I have already lost and I want to lose more.
  • ngwife4life
    ngwife4life Posts: 569
    Options
    The previous suggestions of exercise are great. I wan to touch on food a bit here:

If you're tracking every last morsel you put into your mouth (if you aren't, you should be!), make sure you are accurately weighing and measuring. If you're already doing that (and being honest with yourself about it) then you may want to do a few of the nutritional reports and make sure that what you're eating has plenty of variety. You can eat 1400 calories of crap and still not lose weight after awhile. If you're stuck in a food rut, try some new foods you've never tried before. I found when I lost weight before that when I would plateau, it really helped me to shake it up in the food department. I'm a very picky eater so it was easy for me to eat the same stuff every single day. This board has a ton of new food and recipe suggestions so get creative and good luck!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    The previous suggestions of exercise are great. I wan to touch on food a bit here:

If you're tracking every last morsel you put into your mouth (if you aren't, you should be!), make sure you are accurately weighing and measuring. If you're already doing that (and being honest with yourself about it) then you may want to do a few of the nutritional reports and make sure that what you're eating has plenty of variety. You can eat 1400 calories of crap and still not lose weight after awhile. If you're stuck in a food rut, try some new foods you've never tried before. I found when I lost weight before that when I would plateau, it really helped me to shake it up in the food department. I'm a very picky eater so it was easy for me to eat the same stuff every single day. This board has a ton of new food and recipe suggestions so get creative and good luck!

I log everything, in fact my hubby calls me a fanatic about it. I log all foods before I put it into my mouth. I do think that I need to eat more fruits, but I do eat baked chicken, healthy lean meats, and veggies. I weigh and measure everything too(my hubby calls me a fanatic about this too). I am a pretty picky eater also, I went out and bought some new cookbooks, and I am trying to look thru them to see if there is some new foods that I would like to try. I drink water all the time, I never drink anything else. I just think since I got so far away from my exercise that I am now struggling to get back into it. I got away from it for 3 weeks and before that I was doing 6 days a week. Thanks so much for all the tips. I really appreciate it.