Fat Count

Options
AwMyLoLo
AwMyLoLo Posts: 1,571 Member
Am I sabotaging my weight loss by going over my recommended fat intake? I eat hummus basically every day, and it is pushing me well over my recommended fat.

Replies

• AwMyLoLo
    Options
    Am I sabotaging my weight loss by going over my recommended fat intake? I eat hummus basically every day, and it is pushing me well over my recommended fat.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    but what about your total calories?
  • AwMyLoLo
    Options
    I am staying within my total calories, but going 10-15 grams over on fat!!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    Options
    I don't think it's that big of a deal, hummus contains good oils, so it's not like you are going over because of mayonnaise or something which contains harmful fats.
  • singfree
    singfree Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    IMO I would say that is ok, provided that the protein and carb is not out of line too. Strive for a good balance daily.
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Hi

I agree, I don't think that's the problem
    I lost 30 pounds here and have ONLY counted cals
    Could u be eating too many/too few cals....

Kim
  • AwMyLoLo
    Options
    IMO I would say that is ok, provided that the protein and carb is not out of line too. Strive for a good balance daily.

I actually am 32 over my protein. Now, I haven't adjusted any of the percentages, I am going strictly by what MFP set up for me. What happens if I get too much protein?
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    Options
    MFP does not allot enough protein anyway. I go over every day on protein. it hasn't stopped my progress. you use a lot of protein, especially if you are working out, so don't worry about that-
  • MisoSoup79
    MisoSoup79 Posts: 517
    Options
    Normally I would say no... but if you still have the MFP defaults as your setting, then you might be getting too much fat. If I remember correct, the MFP default allows somewhere around 30% fat daily. That's probably the upper limit. I don't think the hummus is something you need to cut out, though. What other fats are you taking in?

Like other posters have mentioned, you might either not be getting enough total calories or you might be a little over. How many cals do you eat per day and do you eat your exercise calories?
  • AwMyLoLo
    Options
    Normally I would say no... but if you still have the MFP defaults as your setting, then you might be getting too much fat. If I remember correct, the MFP default allows somewhere around 30% fat daily. That's probably the upper limit. I don't think the hummus is something you need to cut out, though. What other fats are you taking in?

Like other posters have mentioned, you might either not be getting enough total calories or you might be a little over. How many cals do you eat per day and do you eat your exercise calories?

Well, I am having a 6 oz sirloin at dinner tonight, the other things I eat throughout the day include instant oatmeal, triscuits & hummus, salad with tuna, hard boiled egg, and then I am having salad and broccoli with my dinner. Looks like the fat is coming from the hummus, steak, and egg. MFP has me set at 1200 cals per day and I am 31 calories away from that. I figure something will sneak into my mouth at some point to make up the 31 calories. I consistently work out 3x per week, but haven't really gotten into tracking it.