almond milk???

Options
2»

Replies

• ChandraFlanagan
    Options
    I LOVE almond milk. It has more calcium and less calories than regular milk, and I think it tastes better. I just drink it, or put it in cereal/oatmeal/smoothies.. I usually get the regular kind, but the unsweetened has less calories, just a bit more of a bitter taste to it.
  • MsMo4DE
    Options
    I used to buy Silk and Almond Breeze unsweetened vanilla. now I make my own. I recently made my kids strawberry almond milk using this recipe and they love it! :

http://glutenfreepantry.blogspot.com/2012/01/strawberry-almond-milk.html
  • Kolene_Kaffeen
    Kolene_Kaffeen Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I love it. I use it 4 cereal, etc. My boss, who's an RN says it's better 4 u than soy milk (which is wut I was using). Idk if it's true. But, I love it anyway :)
  • peacefulsong
    peacefulsong Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I love almond milk. I get the Silk brand vanilla almond milk. It makes amazing oatmeal, especially if you throw in some raisins or dried cranberries too. Someone mentioned baking with it, I'd love to know how it would work for that.
  • gillleeman
    gillleeman Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Does anybody know where you can buy almond milk in the UK? I really want to try it but can't find it.
    I saw the sweetened kind in Tescos this week, with the UHT milk.
  • clocklady
    clocklady Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I love almond milk. I get the Silk brand vanilla almond milk. It makes amazing oatmeal, especially if you throw in some raisins or dried cranberries too. Someone mentioned baking with it, I'd love to know how it would work for that.

I bake with it all the time. Just replace dairy milk in the recipe with the almond milk. I would use plain unsweetened, although, for sweet goods unsweetened vanilla can be good.
  • mfisher16508
    mfisher16508 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I bought the plain almond milk, its a bit sweet so next time I will buy the unsweetened. I made a protein shake with unjury chocolate splendor and powdered peanut butter, It is super good except I have to tweak the amt of pb I put in as of right now all i taste is the PB, lol....but later its gonna be one with instant coffee. Thanks guys, I would love to try the unsweetened choco one, but wal mart did not have it.
  • DaveMXF
    Options
    I use Almond Milk in my shakes....4oz milk, 4oz water....I love it.
  • simoneys
    Options
    I LOVE Almond Milk!! Drink it with everything including protein shakes, delicious and much less sugar than regular milk. I would recommended the unsweetened version from Whole Foods. It is the only one I have found that doesn't have ANY added sugar.
  • rsidebo
    Options
    the first time I tried Blue Diamond Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk....it took awhile to even taste it. It just didn't seem right. I tried it with my cheerios and was very pleasantly surprized. It's yummy! Be brave, taste it. It's good!
  • StephHealy101
    Options
    For everyone drinking almond milk, please be aware that the ingredient carrageenan has been found to cause bowel lesions and tumours in animals in lab tests. Google it for more info. I am currently trying to find a carrageenan free almond milk for sale in the uk, if anyone knows one, please share where we can get it?
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    Its all we use at our house..for various reasons. Its good! We use unsweetened vanilla or plain. Great on your cereal etc. (The sweetened chocolate one has a lot more calories...but for an occasional treat..it is delicious!)