I Want a Six Pack....of Abs

So I've been pursuing this goal for about 2 years now, since I was 16, I was 210 pounds and unhappy with the way I looked. So I got started running and hitting the weights, 2 years and 40 pounds later here I am at 170 lbs and closer to my goal than I have ever been. I still have fat around my lower back and mid section. I'm trying to eat better and work harder than ever before, but sometimes I feel like it's impossible to get rid of the fat I have. So I guess I am in need of some success stories or tips or something to help me reach my goal and finally allow me to stop being embarrassed about my body.

Replies

• I would suggest if you've been doing the same workout for the last 2 years to change it up a little bit. Add some more cardio and make sure the intensity of what you're doing it at is as far as you can push yourself each time you workout. I did read no matter how many crunches/sit ups you do the six pack isn't going to show until you lose the weight on top of it first, hope this helps. If you've been dedicated for the last two years than I'm sure nothing will stop you! Good luck!:smile:
  • Yeah I've been doing insanity for the last couple months and have notice great changes! Thanks for the support it honestly means a lot to me, and will help me keep going :happy:
  • hexrei
    hexrei Posts: 163
    how tall are you?
  • 5'11
  • zepdig
    zepdig Posts: 155
    lil midget!lol
  • bahacca
    bahacca Posts: 878 Member
    So much of body composition is what you eat, not how much you work out. Are you eating a lot of protein and doing strength training? If not, I'd start.