I think I pushed myself too hard.

Options
Ok, many of you know I have had a tough time losing ANY weight since I've been here(3 months) and I'm starting to understand why. I would set goals like this: I will lose 10 pounds in the next 3 months. Really, I needed to be setting goals like this: I will lose 1 pound this week. I started using the elliptical EVERY day for 30 minutes for 30 days(I'm on day 13) and have stuck to the 1200 calories a day to the T. I am finally starting to see the weight come off. Only 2 pounds so far, but boy is that a success for me! Thank you all for your encouragement!! If you are reading this and have struggling to lose even 1 pound so far, take my advice and take it ONE pound at a time! Hope this helps someone else from getting as frustrated as I did! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• happyhubbard
    Options
    Ok, many of you know I have had a tough time losing ANY weight since I've been here(3 months) and I'm starting to understand why. I would set goals like this: I will lose 10 pounds in the next 3 months. Really, I needed to be setting goals like this: I will lose 1 pound this week. I started using the elliptical EVERY day for 30 minutes for 30 days(I'm on day 13) and have stuck to the 1200 calories a day to the T. I am finally starting to see the weight come off. Only 2 pounds so far, but boy is that a success for me! Thank you all for your encouragement!! If you are reading this and have struggling to lose even 1 pound so far, take my advice and take it ONE pound at a time! Hope this helps someone else from getting as frustrated as I did! :flowerforyou:
  • meryl135
    meryl135 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Hey there, thanks for posting this. I, too, have had a lot of difficulty actually seeing a change since I joined this website in February. I've made exercise an almost daily part of my life and I've stayed within my calories (for the most part) for the last month, and I still am not seeing an appreciable difference in how I look, how my clothes fit, not to mention what the scale says. It can be really frustrating. Congrats on staying positive and losing the first 2 pounds :wink:
  • erlehmkuhle
    Options
    Don't give you ladies!!! Sometimes it takes our metabolism a little longer to balance out to prepare for weight loss. Once your body is in full weight loss mode, watch out!!! Keep your head up and get a little aggressive with your fat attack.
  • happyhubbard
    Options
    Hey there, thanks for posting this. I, too, have had a lot of difficulty actually seeing a change since I joined this website in February. I've made exercise an almost daily part of my life and I've stayed within my calories (for the most part) for the last month, and I still am not seeing an appreciable difference in how I look, how my clothes fit, not to mention what the scale says. It can be really frustrating. Congrats on staying positive and losing the first 2 pounds :wink:

Thank you!:flowerforyou: It is really difficult to see everyone else on this site having great success when you, yourself work hard and see nothing. I am so glad that I have found what works for me. a lot of it had to do with changing my attitude from, "I will work hard as long as I see results" to "I will work hard for X amount of time regardless of the results/lack of results." The mind is a powerful thing, my friends!
  • ricksnaustin
    ricksnaustin Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Setting goals can help you or they can hinder you. This is a subject I have taught in business settings. I recommend using the S.M.A.R.T goal formula.

S = Specific
    M = Measurable
    A = Attainable
    R = Realistic
    T = Timely

Here is a link that will help you. http://www.goal-setting-guide.com/smart-goals.html

You don't need to buy anything to learn this. There is plenty of info on the net.

Keep on and go for it!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    congrats, that is great that you lost the weight.
  • happyhubbard
    Options
    congrats, that is great that you lost the weight.
    Thank you very much:smile:
  • ngwife4life
    ngwife4life Posts: 569
    Options
    Congratulations on your weight loss and kudos to you for sticking with it!!!

Anyone else who comes across this, I read this thread today:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/48463-kerri-s-top-10-reasons-why-you-re-not-losing-weight

and I think it's one of those things that really needs to be read by every single person here who has ever hit a bump in the road. That's one smart woman who has obviously found success!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!