• dizzydi1968
    Options
    Hi and welcome.

Shout up if you need any help :flowerforyou:
  • gehlerc
    gehlerc Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Greetings!

I'm over 40 also. Okay, to be totally honest I'm turning 50 this year.

Welcome to MFP. I hope you'll find this to be a supportive, helpful resource. Good luck on your journey!

Coni
  • vypeters
    vypeters Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I'll be 50 in a few weeks. Wish I'd lost this weight 10 years earlier. Or 20.

Good luck!
  • fitrli
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I am wondering if you have any tips on losing weight......how do you stay motivated?
  • chunk1691
    chunk1691 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    hi im also turning 50 this year, welcome to MFP, feel free to add me. x
  • karenjoy
    karenjoy Posts: 1,840 Member
    Options
    I am over 40 too
  • LaurasClimb
    LaurasClimb Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I am wondering if you have any tips on losing weight......how do you stay motivated?
    This site motivates me! I love the friends I have made on here, they really encourage me and I, in turn, encourage them. Use this site as a place to meet people with similar goals.
    I found this app on my iPhone before I found it on the computer. I use both - I prefer to log my food on my mobile. It's easy to read & respond to my friends there too. But I read and respond to message boards on the computer (can't on mobile).
  • versuga
    versuga Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm over 40 as well!
  • blessmy5
    Options
    Over 40 hear! Add me as a friend. MFP is great for motivation and support! welcome~
  • EPICUREASIAN
    EPICUREASIAN Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!
  • mizgiz41
    Options
    Trying to get FFF, Fit Fabulous& Forty +
  • jazzalea
    jazzalea Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard.... forty is when you get it together.... you're just in time!
  • jlhill7
    jlhill7 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I am over 40 and looking to loose 60+ pounds. Not doing very good as I have only lost 10 pounds in 100 days :-( always looking for friends and advice.
  • isys5
    isys5 Posts: 213
    Options
    also check out Chalene Extreme I am over 40 and have had such a hard time losing weight since I hit 30. Apparently muscle burns more fat and this program gets results fast and keeps your metabolism up even when you are not working out. I am doing it along with TurboFire and loving the results, wish I had found it 10 years ago!
  • Elen_Sia
    Elen_Sia Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'll be 42 this year. Don't let anyone tell you that you cannot lose weight and get toned in your 40s. That crap hasn't happened to me. :)
  • lisamvan
    Options
    Hi!! Will be 45 this year....Feel free to add me. :tongue:
  • Takes2long
    Takes2long Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I'll be 43 this year. I have around 20# to lose, and they don't want to go!!! I'm more active and fit now than I was in my 20's! I'm not getting older, I getting better :bigsmile:
  • rrtnrn
    rrtnrn Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi, feel free to add me too!! I'm actually 50.
  • hollytrees
    Options
    Hello, I'll be forty later this year, initially want to loose 2 stone but could do with loosing 2 more :-(
  • ShrinkingSusan
    ShrinkingSusan Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP and I wish you great success on your journey. I am almost 42 and have a long way to go, but the concepts touted here really work: eat fewer calories by making healthy choices and move more with exercise.

Simple really. Why did it take me this long to get it? :)