goal????????????

Options
oregonlady
oregonlady Posts: 2,743 Member
how did u detremine your personal weight loss goal?:wink::wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
that is, are you striving for a certain # of lbs? or bmi? or size? or ????????????????
:noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway:

Replies

• oregonlady
    Options
    how did u detremine your personal weight loss goal?:wink::wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
    that is, are you striving for a certain # of lbs? or bmi? or size? or ????????????????
    :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway:
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Hi

I started here at 155-157ish and thought back to right before I had my ds when I was 138 and felt 'thin' comfy
    That's how I set my first goal....plus I was a comfy size 8 then...
    When I hit my goal, I re-evaluated things and even with increasing cals got down to 129
    I've maintained that weight now, give or take 2/3 pounds for a year

Kim
  • STACYESPARZA
    STACYESPARZA Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I use my goal based on where I feel comfortable...
    If I look up my normal weight range for my height it is just too skinny for me.
    I think I look the best at the goal weight I gave myself..
    I still have curves and a bit of a bootie!!!:happy:
    I think you should pick a goal that you feel comfortable with...
  • imabhealthy
    imabhealthy Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    kimber, that is so inspirational! I set my first goal at 140 (I started at 163), but when and if I get there, I also want to re evaluate and maybe go lower. Thanks for sharing your story!
  • jljohnson
    jljohnson Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    My goals started as acheiving what I was in the past:
    Goal 1 - pre-pregnancy weight (142)
    Goal 2 - weight I was when I got married (132)

Now, I'm into uncharted territory. My next goal is close the middle of my healthy range on the BMI scale, even though I hate the BMI scale, and find it irrelevant.
    Goal 4 - 125lbs

I'm also going to have my body fat % tested, and mark my next goal based on that.
    Goal 5 - TBD after I have this test...
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    yeah I'm gonna keep on going until I get into the "normal range" or about 170-ish, then see what I look like. I was pretty okay with myself at 190, so I think I'll be really happy at 170, so we'll see when I get there- I'm just gonna keep going until I feel good when I look in the mirror-
  • tayner
    tayner Posts: 372
    Options
    i want to weigh less than my husband :laugh:
  • jennlos
    jennlos Posts: 200
    Options
    Yeah that one goes for me too,lol. weigh less then the hubby. For me I have looked up the normal body weight for me but I am not normal, I am a tall big gurl and if I got down to the weight that they suggested for me I would look close to that chick from third rock from the sun that got wayyy to thin. I like my curves and so does my husband, lol. So I am picking the highest number for normal weigh and striviing for that. That may put me in a size 8 and totally would be happy with that.
  • ricksnaustin
    ricksnaustin Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I am going by what looks good on me. The "charts" say I should weigh about 170. But at that weight I look sick. I look good about 180, toned. That is what I am basing my goal on.
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    I had read that for my height and build.....5'5"........the healthy weight range is 117-150. So I chose 135. It was somewhere in the middle! :) And I also made it a goal to be a solid size 8.

I met my goal and even 19 weeks pregnant, I am still in my size 6 jeans and even bought size 4 maternity pants yesterday! Sooo, can't complain!!:wink:
  • oregonlady
    Options
    :flowerforyou: kim, your goal story sounds like what i might end up doing, thank you:smile:
    :flowerforyou: stacy, you sound so confident! rub off on me please.:happy:
    :flowerforyou: andora, like u, i agree w/ kim. cheers 2 us!:love:
    :flowerforyou: jljon, you sound young! i like the bmi goal idea.:wink:
    :flowerforyou: lucky, i agree, the mirror test should work. but my mirror is broken/warped.:cry:
    :flowerforyou: tayner, i felt that way for many years! you can do it!:happy:
    :flowerforyou: jenn, size 8 may be best 4 me too. :noway: not sure yet though
    :flowerforyou: rick, i wish i could simply go by "what looks good on me", but as i said, my thinker is broken.:sick:
    :flowerforyou: tam, thanx 4 sharing. can i ask your age? :embarassed: you are such an inspiration!:happy:

thank you all for your responces.:flowerforyou:
    i need to take age and height into the factor too.:grumble: :grumble: :grumble:

i have never been happy w/ my weight/body. :cry: this is the best physical condition i have ever been in.:smile:
    currently, i'm at 144, i'm old (45). and 5' 6".:indifferent:

no matter my lbs, i dont know if i'll ever reached my goal. :sad: :sad: :sad:
  • oregonlady
    Options
    :smile: