I guess I should make a formal introduction of myself :)

Options
I have been lurking for a little while and have been participating in some of the conversations. I love this forum :) So, I guess a little about me:

I first 'learned' that something wasn't right in grade school (somewhere between 4th and 6th grade). A group of my classmates were standing in a group singing (about me) "She's got the whole world, in her stomach..." It's funny now as an adult (not that I would think it was funny if I saw kids doing this to another kid), especially because after growing up with these people, many of them were good friends in high school who afterall, didn't judge me for my weight.

Then there was this guy who chose his seat carefully in the lunch room, made sure he was right across from me so that he could watch me eat and laugh..... I was good at laughing with them until I was by myself.

I don't feed off those negative memories anymore but I did for a long time. Like many others, I was made fun of because of my weight. My point is that I was always overweight. I didn't gain weight after high school or anything like that.

I started exercising in 2007, I was at my highest weight of 223-225 lbs. My sister and her husband (who she met at the gym) were big into it...also got my oldest sister and her husband involved. It's funny, both of my sisters are super thin. I saw all the hype and wanted some of it except I thought I needed help back then and got on adipex. I lost about 20 lbs very quickly but I didn't stick to it so the adipex wasn't useless. I almost gained all of it back minus about 10 lbs.

I recently have been faced with dealing with my parents failing health and althought neither of those health problems are due to weight, it still has inspired me to get fit. This time though, all natural .... learning what to eat and working out almost every day! This app has helped a lot. I first started using it on my phone but when I came to the site, I realized there was so much more then just a food tracker. I have been inspired by the success stories! I am 22 - 23 lbs down now and I am the "smallest" I have ever been in my young adult -adult life! There is no turning back for me now. Nice to meet y'all! I'm here to stay -- whether it's to lose or maintain (eventually)!

Replies