1200 calories

Options
2»

Replies

• MurielDebroy
    Options
    I have some insight on that one. For most exercising you can work out 5 days week and rest two but only if you are not sore the next day or if you rotate the parts of the body that you are working an example of this is weight lifters will work abs and arms on one day, the next they work legs and back while their other muscle groups repair themselves. It is very important to let your body repair completey (ie. stop being sore) so that you do not injure yourself along the way and believe me an injury is far worse for losing weight. If you work out all of your muscle groups leave a day in between workouts. Also keep in mind that while your muscles are repairing you are still burning because your body needs the extra calories to repiar the tissue.

Hope that helps
  • lnsbaseballmom
    Options
    Thanks. I'll take all the advice I can get.
  • erin1205
    Options
    Wow, thanks for the input everyone! I appreciate the feedback...so the consensus is to have net calories no less than 1200. So, if say you don't exercise on Sunday and your BMR is around 1500...1500 calories (or your BMR) is your max. This is because MFP factors in the 500 cal deficit.....

I know that sounded like a statement, but i meant it more as a question...am i on the right track?
  • rseman
    rseman Posts: 50
    Options
    Wow, I just went through this entire thread and my head is spinning from all the info :ohwell:

I was originially having a problem staying at 1200 calories. Now I am having a hard time reaching 1200 but I'm not hungry and I am NOT losing any weight at all. And I am going to the gym. All that jazz.

So is my body starving even though I'm not? I am going to :explode:
  • sanleecar
    Options
    Okay, I'm blonde here so tell me if I got this right LOL!! I start with 1200 calories, if I burn 200 calories, then I am at 1000 calories but still have to eat 1200?? Here I was saying wow, at the end of the night after excercise and eating I have 230 calories left!! Thats bad right? I need to come out even?? Oh boy this is more difficult than I thought or should I say confusion city!!
  • Loretta_Jo
    Loretta_Jo Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Wow, I just went through this entire thread and my head is spinning from all the info :ohwell:

I was originially having a problem staying at 1200 calories. Now I am having a hard time reaching 1200 but I'm not hungry and I am NOT losing any weight at all. And I am going to the gym. All that jazz.

So is my body starving even though I'm not? I am going to :explode:

A few years ago there was a couple of weeks that a lot was going on and I was way busy. The scales were not moving at all. I went back and looked at what I was eating and found that I had only eaten around 850 calories a day. :noway: I bumped up the calories to 1200 and 1400 and I started losing again.
    Hungry or not your body still needs the food to function. You have to eat to lose. Sounds odd I know but it is the truth.
    Even now if I only eat 1200 calories day I don’t lose as well until I eat closer to 1400 calories a day.
    :flowerforyou:
  • pam0206
    pam0206 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    Right. Look at it this way......if you are allowed 1200 calories a day, you already have your deficit built in....That means that the site is already figuring -500/cals per day which would equal 3500 cals in one week. (If you have a deficit of 3500 cals at the end of the week, you should lose 1 pound/week.) So, if you exercise and burn 200, you actually should be eating 1400 cals that day.
  • tiliquinones
    Options
    Oh boy do I wish I new. With excercising and burning calories I'm staying under the 1200 calorie amount and sometimes I feel like I'm starving to death. I'm eating 3 meals a day, I think. I usually have yogurt and coffee for breakfast. Lunch I have cottage cheese with either pineapple or peaches and I'll have a 100 calorie snack pack, then when its dinner time, I eat good because there are plenty of calories left. Then I have 1 or 2 ,100 calorie snack packs in the evening, I drink about 4-5 bottles of water a day. I can't help but feel like I am doing something wrong. I have a doctors appointment on the 7th and I'm going to ask him for suggestions. On a good note I have lost 4.5 lbs since Jan. 19th, I wonder if thats too much too fast??

You might want to add more fruits and vegatables and eat more balanced meals through out the day. That will help you from feeling like you're starving to death and still continue w/your weight loss. Those 100 calorie pack snacks are great but they do lack a lot of vitamins and mineral that your body needs. Also breakfast is very important so you should add more calories to it , try eating an equal amount of calories for breakfast, lunch and dinner and have two healthy snacks.