HELP ANYONE calories in blended fruit??

Hey everyone I was just wondering if anyone would have any information on how many calories would be in a piece of fruit such as pineapple or banana when blended I know the calorie changes when you blend a fruit because the composition and sugar in thhe fruit changes once blended but I can't find a website to give the nutrional information for blended fruit and I have no idea how to work out the calories if anyone knows any information about this or on how to work out the calories it would be great because I would love to make some healthy fruit smooties for breakfast sometimes any help please thankyou xxx

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Go to your food and at the top you will see a recipe section. You can enter a recipe and find out all the info you need and then add the recipe to your day.
  • The calories are the same. What changes is the amount of fiber, which is much lower in blended fruit.
  • paj315
    paj315 Posts: 335 Member
    I'm not even sure that the fiber changes. It would change if you are juicing but just blending it, I believe you get the same nutrients as a piece of whole fruit.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,423 Member
    The calories aren't going to fall out when you cut open or blend the fruit (I wish!).

As long as you are using the whole fruit (ie you're still getting the fibre, not just the juice) it won't change.
    And yes, use the MFP recipe section, it's a great tool.