where do you think you would be....

Options
I was wondering today where I would be if I hadn't have spent 8 years in the hospitality industry working long hours and eating high calorie foods at odd times and drinking lots.

Who would I be as a person?

I wonder if I would be slim? I wonder what I'd be like as a person?

People have many reasons why they put the weight on, whether it be a bad break up or emotional eating. Do you think this journey has actually made you a stronger person?

I think I have grown as a person in the last year, I feel very much more grounded and less smoggy.
Your thoughts?

Replies

• runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Of course I don't blame him for my choices, but my obesity (now back to overweight!) was a result of becoming best friends with the man who I'm now due to marry. It's a small price to pay for true love!

I clarify, I don't think the two are intrinsically linked - true love could still have happened if I ate sensibly and didn't eat like I was preparing for a war and couldn't stock up. :tongue:

Nor am I suggesting I would have stayed slim forever had I not met and got to know him. The seeds for my attitude to food were sown in early childhood.
  • helenoftroy1
    helenoftroy1 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    ahhhhh, that's cute.

Long live love!
  • MrsGriffin67
    MrsGriffin67 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Being that I will be 45 years old this May, it seems that I have many what ifs. What if my high school sweetheart and I would've married and had children. Would I be the proverbial "soccer mom". What if my Mother had never passed away, would I still have the two wonderful teenagers that I have today? What if I would've taken a left instead of a right on that last turn...do you see where I'm going with this? Its always fun to think about but sometimes it can be a bit depressing, too. Although, I have to say...it has taken my entire life to get to where I am today and I'm not sure how much of that I would actually change. I kinda like who I am now. :happy:
  • helenoftroy1
    helenoftroy1 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    but see that's what I am saying, I feel I have actually accomplished something, and ok it was a choice that got me here, but I actually am grateful for the choices I have made because they have brought me to where I am now. I have a massive support network that most I have never met, I eat healthily and think of the future in a good way.
    It is nice to think what if but I am definitely happy with where I am now!
    :smile: