TDEE/BMR goal.. same on a rest day??

Options
Ok So as of today I am going to start eating between my BMR and TDEE and see how that goes for me. My question is.. on my rest day, should I still eat at my calorie goal of 1600-1700? Or should I lower than since my exercise is included in that goal? I would appreciate it if someone can help me with this, TIA :)

Replies

• ANeWcRe8N
    ANeWcRe8N Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    anyone? :indifferent:
  • charleighsmum
    Options
    Sorry i cant help you but im interested in the answers you get...as i have just upped my intake to coincide with my TDEE and have injured myself and can't exercise for a few days so im wondering if i should adjust my intake??
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    MFP doesnt factor in your exercise if that's what you're getting those numbers from.
    figuring out calories can be difficult but what's been working for me is just paying attention to my body.

i'm finding that on days that i do the most intensive workouts, i'm not hungry. i dont force myself to eat on those days and as a result i might only end up eating like 500-600 calories. the next day i'll more than likely be back to normal and will eat my calories. it's usually my rest days where i'm most ravenous and might eat well over my calories. it all evens out at the end of the week, so i dont worry too much about hitting that exact calorie every day.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    It's fine to do it that way. The process of fat loss/muscle gain isn't that acute--as long as your average intake over time is reasonable you will have good progress.
  • ANeWcRe8N
    Options
    MFP doesnt factor in your exercise if that's what you're getting those numbers from.
    figuring out calories can be difficult but what's been working for me is just paying attention to my body.

Actually I went to a few different sites to calculate my BMR & TDEE and then got an average to determine my daily calorie goal. I know that MFP doesn't include exercise calories and therefore I would have to eat them, but eating between the BMR & TDEE goal is with my exercise calories included which is why I was asking if on a rest day if I should eat at that same goal or not. Thanks though :)
  • ANeWcRe8N
    Options
    It's fine to do it that way. The process of fat loss/muscle gain isn't that acute--as long as your average intake over time is reasonable you will have good progress.

TY! :)
  • DixiedoesMFP
    DixiedoesMFP Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    In general, I keep my goal pretty consistent through the week. It's easier on me and I don't feel deprived. My TDEE is a little higher most weekends (300 kcal or so each day), so I don't feel bad if I eat a little more, if it's dinner with the family or something, but I also don't try to adjust it each day or I would drive myself nuts.