Spike Day- HELP!

Options
I've read alot about 'spike days' on MFP and so have tried to use them once a week. Usually a Sunday: My 'Funday'.

My BMR is around 1448 and MFP has set my daily calories to 1200 pre-exercise, so that's around 200 deficit. I aim for a 1000- 1200 intake daily. With exercise I can create a deficit between 200 and 700 calories daily.

Today's spike day totalled around 2500 calories! (I burned just over 250 with some running) Is this level likely to jeopardise my hard work throughout the week? Is there a way of calculating my ideal spike day intake? Any help would be appreciated :)

Replies

• allnewskinnyme
    allnewskinnyme Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    bump
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
  • lexagon
    lexagon Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Great group ;)

Most of us over there can help you through the numbers :) sounds like you are starting on the right track.
  • Goldenbast
    Goldenbast Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Yeah come on over! We have cookies for Spike Day! LOL.

Seriously, there is a sticky that has the formula to figure out all your numbers and everyone there is super nice, supportive and informative. I Just started over there and everyone has helped me tremendously.
  • mallory3411
    mallory3411 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    It won't hurt you if it's only one day.

You have a higher deficit than you think. Your BMR is already less calories than you actually burn in a day unless you sleep all day everyday.