help/advice/1500 calorie mealplans?

Options
So the past week, I have essentially been eating a lot at night, eating a lot all day (but especially very late at night), generally. I've been doing a half hour of cardio every day, and some yoga. Just generally staying active. ..I feel like I dont use my calories the best way that I can at all. I feel like there must be some sort of meal plan that I somehow can't devise. ...I was wondering if anyone with similar caloric goals could share their mealplan? ...If it really comes down to it, ill have to do some hard-core research, but i'll post the results of the mealplan here after...Just figuring I'd give it a try here and see what comes of it. All you girls are amazing, gorgeous, and beyond motivating. I just need extra help right now, because I lost 10 lb, and was doing well, and now im just eating a lot, out of boredom, slight depression, and just ravenous hunger. I'm also on birth control (Balziva) ...but also Spironolactone. for PCOS. I get sorta hormonal still, but mainly in check. I get pretty ravenous for a week out of the month usually, and try to eat healthier as much as I can, and I do eat generally healthy, its just the amount that I can eat, and sometimes will eat junkish garbage because I dont really care too much sometimes. This means so much to me and I really would love to be able to use the calories as best as I can, like eating tons of fresh fruits and vegetables, and quinoa, etc...Please help. anything will be very helpful at this time. Also, does anyone know any really good exercises for the core? that are relatively simple and dont cause too much strain? thank you a million to whoever responds to this <3 youre all the best, and wish you the best always xxo

Replies

• fitnessfashionista17
    Options
    It depends how often you would like to eat. I always eat a large breakfast, then a smaller lunch and dinner and sometimes include snacks. If you don't like snacks, you can just increase the portions of your other meals

Pick one thing from each meal below (1 breakfast, 1 lunch, 1 dinner, 2 snacks)

Breakfast ideas: approximately 500 calories
    lemon and water and ginger root (15)
    Oatmeal package (110)
    tbsp of cinnamon (20)
    cup of strawberries (50)
    greek yogurt 0% fat, plain (110)
    ounce of almonds (200)

5 egg whites (100)
    2 cups of spinach (15)
    1 seeduction bun from whole foods or another bun (250)
    tbsp of peanut butter (80)
    half a grape fruit (50)

protein smoothie:
    strawberries (50)
    vegan protein powder (120)
    a few slices of mango (50)
    1/2 cup of ice (0)
    1/2 cup of water (0)
    lime juice (20)
    tbsp of ground flax seed (100)
    1/2 cup of greek yogurt (80)
    all blended up
    served with a few almonds or crackers

smoothie:
    vegan protein powder (120)
    cup of skim milk (80)
    3/4 cup of plain greek yogurt (110)
    cup of strawberries (50)
    ice
    chia seeds (60)
    tbsp of almond butter (80)

snack ideas: 150 calories
    a medium apple (80)
    tbsp of almond butter (80)

mini whole grain bagel (100)
    tbsp of hummus (50)

fruit salad (varies)

edamame (120)

cup of grapes (100)
    .5 oz. of cheese (50)

greek yogurt (110)
    1/2 cup of blueberries (40)

Lunch ideas: 400 calories
    cup of quinoa (225)
    2 cup of baby kale or spinach which would be less calories (35) or (15)
    medium carrot (40)
    cup of organic skim milk (80)

3 oz of white fish (125 or less)
    1/2 cup of edamame (120)
    cup of v8 juice warmed up as soup sooo good (50)
    half cup of brown rice (108)

3 oz of salmon sashimi (120)
    cup of kale and cup of seaweed (80)
    ezicial (sp?) wrap made with quinoa lentils and ancient grains (150)
    cup of red pepper (50)

cup of brown rice (220)
    3/4 cup of edamame (120)

3 cups of spinach (20)
    large carrot (50)
    1/2 cup of black beans (120)
    tbsp of olive oil (120)
    1/2 cup of tofu (90)

p.m. snack ideas: 100 calories

one cucumber (45)
    5 tbsps of salsa (25)

tbsp of hummus (50)
    cup of red pepper slices (50)

apple (80)

2 medium shredded carrots (80)
    tsp of wine wine vinegar (3)

5 pieces of dark chocolate (100)
    or I guess it might depend on the brand, but basically just eat a little but of chocolate

Dinner ideas: 350 calories
    cup of chick peas (240)
    cup of tomatoes (30)
    cup of zuchini (20)
    1/2 cup of tomato sauce (50)
    curry spice (20)

8 shrimps (80)
    3 cups of baby spinach (20)
    1/2 cup of lentils (200)
    6 kashi tlc crackers (50)

whole grain ezicial wrap (150)
    1/4 avocado (50)
    tbsp of hummus (50)
    cup of spinach (7)
    assorted vegetables and beans of your choice (about 100)

cup of brown rice pasta (200)
    oz. of white cheese (100)
    1/2 cup of tomato sauce (50)

after dinner brush your teeth and make sure you don't go back into the kitchen. Chew gum and drink water or tea if you nust eat something but remember its water weight for the next day

Also if you feel you will over eat any time of the day, replace your more calorie dense foods with low calories fruits and vegetables. You can eat 4 cups of strawberries for only 200 calories and you have to be full after that.
    Also, if you shred one medium carrot with a cheese shredder it will make it seem a lot bigger than it really is and its really good as a salad with white wine vinegar.

Also before you eat if you feel really hungry, or if your at a restaurant where your tempted by food, drink a half liter or more of water which will make you not very hungry

btw sorry for the lack of meat, im a pescaterian but you could sub chicken or turkey into any of the other protein sources

Also if you feel like you might overeat, try to cut as many calories as you can from your past meals and then use those calories from before to made a treat for yourself

if you have any questions, just ask!
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    That is definitely one of the more helpful first posts I have seen on this site, nice one ff!

I think the most important question to ask first off is how often you want to eat. Some people force down breakfast because you 'need to' even though they are not hungry. Same with snacks, there is no need to try to fit in 5-6 meals a day to keep your metabolism going - that's a myth.

Let us know how you would like to eat and I'm sure there will be plenty of suggestions for foods/meals for you. I would say though that if you are often hungry at night, save some calories and eat without regret!
  • fromouterspace
    fromouterspace Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    oh my god you are truly the best, thank you so much more than you know! <3333 xxo