Hoping to lose 90lbs.

Hi Everyone..
My name is Jenn, I am 36 and the mother of 5 wonderful children. My goal is to lose 90lbs. I starting trying to lose about 4 weeks ago and have lost 10lbs. I sometimes wonder if my goal is unrealistic I know it won't be an easy task but I am ready for the challenge..I am hoping to meet some people going through the same thing so I have a support system.

Replies

• Good luck. Im sure you can do it. Such an on going issue tho...
  • Allic1971
    Allic1971 Posts: 145 Member
    Good on you!, I would be really happy with that start, keep up the good work!
  • take it one step/pound at a time and it can be done! I hope you are connected to your doctor on this! even with just 20 - 30 pounds to lose, my doctor makes sure I'm doing it right. This site helps keep you aware of what you're putting in your mouth, but you need to make sure that your body doesn't go into shock at the loss of calories it's used to!... be safe! slow and steady is the best for permanent loss of weight and fat! :) YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!
  • Takes2long
    Takes2long Posts: 367 Member
    Hi! Congrats on the 10# loss! That's 2.5#/week. A good start! If you're just starting out, don't get discouraged if that loss/week drops as your body gets used to the changes. You've heard it before, slow and steady keeps the weight off! Get used to the new lifestyle, and in no time you'll reach your goal! You can add me if you'd like. I'll try my best to offer support!!
  • mrsmel55
    mrsmel55 Posts: 168
    Wtg to on the first 10! you are a tenth of the way there! I need to lose that much and more. 16838561.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • gregavila
    gregavila Posts: 723 Member
    Jenn,

Congratulations on the 10 pounds you have lost so far. And I have to say in looking at the success stories here, that there is no goal that cannot be achieved -- the site is filled with people that have lost a lot more than 90 pounds.

One of the keys to all of this is not to focus on the long-term 90 pound goal, but to set smaller, more achievable targets. Try to make each "If every day were like today, in 5 weeks you would weigh...) goals. Set your sights on getting the next 10 pounds off. Also work to set exercise and fitness targets for yourself as well (30 minutes a day, etc.). You will find that this makes the overall journey less daunting.

I had 60 pounds to lose and am half way there...and I will keep doing it one day at a time.
  • MMarvelous
    MMarvelous Posts: 1,067 Member
    Feel free to add me! I have 70 lbs to lose!
  • Jesea
    Jesea Posts: 376 Member
    Hi! I'm Jennifer, mom of 2 boys, 30lbs to lose. Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • bjwbmw
    bjwbmw Posts: 55
    I also have 90 pounds to lose - down 11! Let' do it!
  • harleygirlT
    harleygirlT Posts: 223 Member
    10 lbs in a month is great.......take it 10 lbs at a time so it doesn't seem so overwhelming! I look to get down into the next 10s like from 230 into the 220's. 10lbs at a time and each 10 I reward myself! Give it a try and friend me if you want! Good luck!
  • That's pretty much what I have to lose too, and I am almost 1/3 of the way there. Seems like a huge task but I know we can do it, one step at a time. I try to celebrate every victory.
  • jbahrami
    jbahrami Posts: 206 Member
    Hi Jenn!

I'm 36, two beautiful kids, and 40 lbs to lose. Feel free to add me as a friend!

Jen
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    I started with 91 to lose, now only 30 to go. It is hard work but it is totally worth it. I feel fantastic!
  • _Kitten_Kate
    _Kitten_Kate Posts: 520 Member
    10Lbs is AWESOME!
    Congrats. Feel free to friend me as well.

You seem to be doing something right...
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,446 Member
    I am aiming for that neighborhood too. Down 19 since the beginning of the year.

Targets:
    in the 220s by the 1st week of March
    in One-derland by my b-day at the end of May
    in the 170s by my family reunion in early August
    at "Goal" by October (~ size 10)

Feel free to add me.
  • BIGJIMMYU
    BIGJIMMYU Posts: 1,221 Member
    Jenn,
    My wife's name is Jenn, she is also 36 and has 80 lbs to lose! We are both trying hard to reach our goals! Believe in yourself!
  • Hi, Im Casey.
    New to the site as well. I have 2 kids. Just had my second one 3 weeks ago and I am so ready to loose weight.

Feel free to add me.