Sweating to the Oldies!!!

Options
I just bought on DVD the Richard Simmons Sweating to the Oldies. It's the same as the VHS back in the late 80's early 90's that he had out. I remember my mom doing it when I was a kid and how much fun it was so, I just had to get it. I bought the set off Amazon.com and it finally came in. I gave it a try yesterday and I can not believe how much of a work out that gave me. I guess I wasn't expecting it to be so intense but, it was in a good way. I am hoping this will help with the jump start of my weight loss and get me into the shape and health I want and need. I am looking forward to sweating it off with Richard Simmons and keeping it off.

Does anyone else have any suggestions for work out DVD's? I know there are a lot of different ones out there but, they are full of already skinny people working out. Which isn't always inspiring for me to work out to.

Thanks!!
*OUbeth1*

Replies

• oubeth1
    oubeth1 Posts: 34
    Options
    I just bought on DVD the Richard Simmons Sweating to the Oldies. It's the same as the VHS back in the late 80's early 90's that he had out. I remember my mom doing it when I was a kid and how much fun it was so, I just had to get it. I bought the set off Amazon.com and it finally came in. I gave it a try yesterday and I can not believe how much of a work out that gave me. I guess I wasn't expecting it to be so intense but, it was in a good way. I am hoping this will help with the jump start of my weight loss and get me into the shape and health I want and need. I am looking forward to sweating it off with Richard Simmons and keeping it off.

Does anyone else have any suggestions for work out DVD's? I know there are a lot of different ones out there but, they are full of already skinny people working out. Which isn't always inspiring for me to work out to.

Thanks!!
    *OUbeth1*
  • kristie874
    kristie874 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    I love the Leslie Sansone walking dvd's! They get me sweating and get my heart rate up! Love them!
  • ktthegr8
    ktthegr8 Posts: 479
    Options
    LOL I used to do Sweatin to the Oldies with my b-ball pals in high school! I forgot how much fun that was. I'll have to look for it.:bigsmile:
  • beanface25
    Options
    I just did the Sweating to the Oldies work out the other day...people laugh because I exercise to Richard Simmons, but you are right....it is quite a work out!

94811.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Diet Journal
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    I love me some Sweatin' To The Oldies!!!!!:love: It's a fun workout! I also like The Biggest Loser Cardio Max.
  • Frost
    Frost Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Richard Simmons has a bunch of DVD's out. The only I don't like is the Latin one. I found it difficult to follow. I used his DVD's a few years back and lost eight pounds in like a week or two. It was pretty mazing. :bigsmile:
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    I absolutely LOVE Sweatin to the Oldies. I did it and lost almost 40 lbs w/WW too. If it's something you enjoy then don't worry about what anyone else thinks!! I like the music and the fact that there are real people, not models doing the workout with you! Makes you think if they can do it , so can I!! Very inspirational, and you can tell he truly cares about all the people!!!

Good for you!!!!!
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    I might have to get some STTO now! I like all the Biggest Loser ones that I've tried. They are not the "finished product" for the people on the show but somewhere in between.