1 day calorie spike

Options
So I've been training for a marathon and Sundays are my "long run" days. Of course I'm burning MAJOR calories that day... but not quite as much the rest of the week. I absolutely won't be eating ALL of the calories I burn on Sundays but how much should I eat of them? Should I change my MFP settings for the amount of exercise I'll be getting and if so, how do I account for that?

Replies

• starscreensiren
    starscreensiren Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    One day won`t do anything. Just as one day going over your calories won`t do much either. I look at the entire week to make sure that I am on track with everything.
  • rochey1098
    Options
    One day won`t do anything. Just as one day going over your calories won`t do much either. I look at the entire week to make sure that I am on track with everything.

This. Your body doesn't care what day it is. As a side note it might be an idea to watch what you eat on your long day rather than how much.
  • uk_ja
    uk_ja Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    How much you should eat all depends on how you have MFP set up.

I have mine set up for my highly active lifestyle and to maintain my weight I usually eat around 3000 calories, I don't eat back the calories MFP gives me from the exercise I log because it is already taken into account with the settings I selected. That being said on extreme days I will eat a lot more, like 2 days ago I hit 3500.