Spinning

Options
2»

Replies

• hkulbacki
    hkulbacki Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I had my first 45 minute class last Tuesday and I have been in pain since thanks to those bloody awful seats. Lol. Enjoyed the class though.

If anyone has any tips on how not to have so much pain courtesy of those seats I would gladly take them. Lol.

Padded bike shorts. You find them at any bike shop or places like ****'s Sporting Goods. Either the spandex style like the road cyclists wear. Or ones that look like regular shorts but have a padded short inside. They're tough to get used at first, they feel like you're wearing a diaper LOL

I took one spin class and loved it, but when I have a road bike at home with a trainer and rollers to put it on, the class just seemed like an expense I didn't need. Can't wait for the weather to warm up and get back out on the roads with my bike!
  • iKristine
    iKristine Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I LOVE spinning. I do it 3-4x week.

The best thing in my opinion.
  • edgehn
    edgehn Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I had this same problem the first time. Its called "bouncing in your saddle" if your resistance is to low and you are moving around it causes pain... try standing up every now and then to relive yourself from the seat!
  • edgehn
    edgehn Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    which kind of shoes do you reccoment. I have nike air max 2011 i use to workout in they are so compfy!
  • stephgreene
    Options
    When my mom did spin she went out and bought her own gel seat and wore padded shorts because she couldn't deal with the pain of the seat
  • soon2bhotmom
    soon2bhotmom Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I spin 2 or 3 days a week. It's intense, I love it....when its over! It has helped make me a stronger runner :)
  • kitkat4141
    kitkat4141 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Spinning is the class I love to hate. It is also my preferred class for cardio. Before I started spinning I couldn't jog more than a minute or two on the treadmill. After spinning, I have a tremendous amount of stamina and endurance and can jog for 20 minutes straight without stopping and I am not a runner! It is a fantastic cardio workout that is easy on the knees and back. Ask the instructor to show you how to set the bike up and make sure the seat on your bike is not tipping down towards the front. It is much harder to ride with a seat in that position!
  • gregavila
    gregavila Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love it and love the workout that you get. I do have to say that it is hard when you are just beginning. Even if you can't do all the moves or the resistance levels that they are looking for...just keep the pedals going round and round and you will improve.

You will likely find that in a few weeks you will be rocking it out.
  • RachNRoll
    RachNRoll Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I'm a spinner too :)
    I go 2 or 3 times per week in my gym and I love it
  • fashionista954
    fashionista954 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Spinning is definitely an effective workout! I am getting a HRM once I reach my first mini goal (10 lbs down) and I plan to add spinning classes to my mix twice a week at that time...looking forward to it!