Your Shape Fitness Evolved 2012 - Correct Calories?

Options
So, we got a kinect about a two weeks ago along with Your Shape Fitness Evolved 2012. My issue is I feel like I'm burning way more calories than what is actually being shown on the screen. After only 5 minutes of doing an activity I am drenched in sweat! But after that five minutes I only find that I've burned 2 whole calories...it's a lot of work for two calories.

So my question is: Is the calories counting on the game correct? Thanks for any feedback!

Replies

• dixedreg
    dixedreg Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    In my opinion, the calorie burn is way, way too low on the 2012 version. It's not your imagination!

I always use a HRM so it's not a big issue for me.
  • Reuxlette
    Options
    Hello! I too noticed at first that my calories burned were very minimal until I discovered I hadn't put my weight and height under my profile. Once I did that my calories burned shot right up to something that makes more sense. That being said, I don't have a hrm to give a fair comparison to how accurate the game may be but I'm a lot more satisfied with the numbers. Wall breaker is the best thing ever! I usually do that over and over again. Hope this helped. Have fun!
  • ikillcowboys
    Options
    It does that for me too but I just count it as "aerobic fitness" for however many minutes I did because like you said I'm working harder at that then I do for a three mile walk!
  • armor210
    Options
    Yeah, it's way low. I work less on a 6 mile run than I do on the 28min Shape and burn. I'm thinking of getting body media fit to see exactly how many calories I am burning with Your Shape 2012.
  • kae2one0
    kae2one0 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    im really late on this, just got the your shape game... noticed the same thing... i'm doing the diet and exercise, and was wondering did you notice any weight lose using the game? was is a small or large amount? i am trying to get my fitness plan lined up, but last night when i jogged in place for 5 minutes, and only burned 5 calories i was kind of thrown off..
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to add that the amount you sweat has nothing to do with calorie burn - some people just sweat more than others.
  • jessmart83
    jessmart83 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I wear my FT4 when I do it, the calories are way off on that game. I take an average of what the game says and what my real heart rate monitor says.
  • LizCO2DC
    LizCO2DC Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Definitely on the low end! I usually wear my HRM, and I burn a TON more calories than the game says :)