HRM question for those that do Jillian Micheals 30 min Shed?

Ok so I just got a HRM from walmart it has a chest strap. I just did level 2 of the 30 min shed and I ended at only 200 calories burnt. I use to put that I burned 290 cals thats what this app on my phone said that I burned and I heard it was about right. Anyway my question is does 200 calories sound right or is this HRM wrong and I should return it? Or is it right and I just need to do more workouts?

Thanks,
Alicia

Replies

• rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    200 sounds about right to me... when i was doing 30ds i would burn between 179 and 240, depending on how hard i pushed
  • kiki41
    kiki41 Posts: 80 Member
    trust your HRM, not MFP, MFP usually overestimates the calories burned. I burned around 146.
  • mjok31
    mjok31 Posts: 84
    I am doing 30ds right now and with my HRM I am burning between 245 and 280....depending on how hard I push myself. I use a Polar FT7. It would also depend on weight of course....the more you weight the more cals you are likely to burn.
  • AmyWalsh711
    AmyWalsh711 Posts: 41 Member
    bump. (I'm getting an HMR this week and will let you know.)
  • AliciaV30
    AliciaV30 Posts: 147 Member
    Thanks everyone. It kinda sux but I'm glad I know the truth now. I sweat my butt off like literally I'm dripping all over my face and back everywhere so I figured it was wrong but I guess its just cause I'm so out of shape. I'm just gonna push myself harder. Thanks a bunch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alicia
  • Alicia I would burn like 240 per level with Jillian and I still do.. Its how hard you push yourself try it again and push alittle harder next time.. :)