Cheat day versus cheat meal???

Options
2»

Replies

• tinkermommc
    tinkermommc Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I don't do cheat meals or cheat days. I eat what I want, when I want it. I simply eat whatever it is I want in moderation. For me, a "cheat" meal or day is too diet-ish. If I want a Reese's, I want it NOW - not on a special day.

I'm with you! I had a mini Reese's for a morning snack today ;-) still within goal so it's all good!!
  • pigwidgeon82
    pigwidgeon82 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I don't do cheat meals or cheat days. I eat what I want, when I want it. I simply eat whatever it is I want in moderation. For me, a "cheat" meal or day is too diet-ish. If I want a Reese's, I want it NOW - not on a special day.

same with me. i eat what i want when i want it. i just make sure i have the right amount of calories left for the treats. and if i have a special event or outing that will involve me wanting to eat extra calories i just plan accordingly.

i'm loving it so far because i don't feel deprived at all. i don't actually feel like i'm on a diet. i have plenty to eat, even the goodies.
  • jagwab
    jagwab Posts: 93
    Options
    Lately every day seems to be a cheat day for me. But tomorrow is a new day.

Anyways, I do 2 cheat meals a week. This allows me the opportunity to hang out with some friends during the middle of the week or if I have a meeting or whatever and then I have one on the weekend after I weigh in. It helps to keep things in check if they are spread out. But sometimes it's all in one day.
  • finchase
    finchase Posts: 174
    Options
    I do a cheat meal or day if I notice that my weight loss seems to be slowing down, going with the idea that my body is becoming too accustomed to the amount I'm feeding it. Or when I have a party to go to, like last night. It was catered by Red Hot & Blue. How the heck do people who eat at places like that manage to stay thin? I had one sandwich, one spoonful of potato salad, and one spoonful of BBQ beans. No seconds. My calorie total was ridiculous. I spent a good chunk of today working that meal off.