Skip the fads and gimmicks

Options
I have finally reached my medically ideal weight after losing 50 pounds, and I've even lost a few pounds since then. I didn't pay for a special program, read any books, try any pills, or use any gimmicks. I simply burned more calories than I consumed. For those of you trying every day to do the same, consider this simple approach: Eat far less than you think you need; drink far more water than you think you need; and move your body farther, more frequently, and more strenuously than you think you can. You may even learn to love exercise, for it will allow you to enjoy more of the food you love even as you lose weight. Best wishes as you pursue your own goal.

Replies

• Pixie7210
    Pixie7210 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on becoming a healthier you. I am still on the way to my ideal weight and I often fall off the wagon but I keep on getting back on and keep moving. I have joined the gym and have started to 6 week challenge to help keep me motivated. Wish me luck!
  • madeinforks
    madeinforks Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    How very true that is! Losing weight as a lifestyle change will be far more important and one will find much more success than all the gimmicks and the quick loss, quick hype out there..And the best way is the most basic..Eat less. exercise more! plain and simple!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!