What happens when.....

Options
Went out to lunch today. I ordered a grilled chicken panini. It had grilled chicken, slice of cheese lettuce, tomato, basil, and that's it. No mayo or dressing of any kind. It was HUGE so I only ate half of it. A side of fries came with it, I did not know this, but I only ate half of the fries. How do I find this in the database to get the most accurate calorie count?

Replies

• bentley786
    Options
    Went out to lunch today. I ordered a grilled chicken panini. It had grilled chicken, slice of cheese lettuce, tomato, basil, and that's it. No mayo or dressing of any kind. It was HUGE so I only ate half of it. A side of fries came with it, I did not know this, but I only ate half of the fries. How do I find this in the database to get the most accurate calorie count?
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    the place you bought it from might have the info
  • bentley786
    Options
    the place you bought it from might have the info
    I thought about that!
  • thejarviclan
    thejarviclan Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Look it up by the restaurant in the MFP database. If you don't find it there, look at the restaurant website. Sometimes they have their nutrition information listed.
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    I usually enter the ingredients when I can't find it. Some other caloried counter websites can help and sometimes about.com has the resteraunts listed if it chain with the calorie information.
  • happy2bscrappin
    Options
    Great thing about calorie counting... in New York its manatory for Restaurants and Fast Food Restaurants to list the calories next to their meals and/or food. So if you are at McDonald's next the big mac they list the calorie for the big mac. I think its great!
  • bentley786
    Options
    I called the restaurant but they dont have the nutritional info. I guess I could go ingredient by ingredient and sort of guess how much of it I ate. It was a spur-of-the-moment lunch, and I should have thought it out more.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    Great thing about calorie counting... in New York its manatory for Restaurants and Fast Food Restaurants to list the calories next to their meals and/or food. So if you are at McDonald's next the big mac they list the calorie for the big mac. I think its great!

if you are in McDonalds..you should turn around and get out of there :laugh:
  • kimss
    kimss Posts: 1,146
    Options
    I would estimate about 250 for the half- sandwich and another 150-200 for the fries(depending on the size) also look under McDonalds in the database and you can estimate how many fries you ate and just use their numbers, and go on from there. then later when you eat the other half do the same. It may be over or it may be under, but either way your probably close. maybe even try to eat a little less the rest of the day, or work out a little longer to help compensate.
  • rlw911
    rlw911 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    When I run into that problem, I try to find the calorie count for the same or similar item at a couple of other restaurants, then I kind of average it out, or take the middle of the road number. It's about the best you can do.
  • kfeuvrel
    kfeuvrel Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    There's a website called www.nutritiondata.com. It's a little bulky, but you can enter in the ingredients, and it makes a nutrition label for you - with almost the same breakdown as what you would enter into MFP as a new food. It takes some time - but it's really useful if you like to make your own dishes, or follow new recipes which don't have the nutrition information.
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options

if you are in McDonalds..you should turn around and get out of there :laugh:

I second that!