Carb timing

Options
Does anyone pay attention to the time of day you are eating the most carbohydrates?

There is so much different information out there. Some people say to eat your carb heavy meal early in the day and eat less carbs in the evening. Some people say to eat your carb heavy meal after working out, regardless of the time of day.

Any thoughts on this?

Replies

• greenie
    greenie Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Does anyone pay attention to the time of day you are eating the most carbohydrates?

There is so much different information out there. Some people say to eat your carb heavy meal early in the day and eat less carbs in the evening. Some people say to eat your carb heavy meal after working out, regardless of the time of day.

Any thoughts on this?
  • firewalking
    firewalking Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    No - and I've been very successful just sticking to my caloric intake. I eat early, I eat very late...but within my range. Of course, everyone is different.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    I tend to eat most of my carbs early in the day
    not sure if it is required but it just works out that way
    and I feel pretty damn good
  • thejarviclan
    thejarviclan Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I'm the same...I usually have a bowl of Cheeries with 2% milk between 8 and 10 pm and I've been losing steadily since January. I'm a carb junkie, btw...love my pasta and bread and usually have those at lunch, too.

Calorie counting has worked better for me than carb-obsessing. :happy:
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    No, I don't pay attention, hehe. I think most of my carbs are in my morning cereal.
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    The best method is to keep your carbs spread out through the day, it keeps your blood sugar even, therefore your pancreas doesn't have to work nearly as hard. (decreases chances of diabetes:bigsmile: ) I am not always good with spreading everything out, but when I did I felt the best I ever had! My diet to spread the carbs was 60 for each meal and 15-30 for snacks, it varies but that did work for me. My stomach got really flat:laugh: To be honest I find that it is easier to focus on one thing or the other. If you are focusing on carbs, watch that, or watch your calories. Just remember in Carb counting vegies are free--you can eat them to your hearts content!