Not ready to throw away my "fat" pants

Options
I'm officially down my first pant size!! Three years ago I dropped about 40 pounds doing a strict "meal plan". I didn't enjoy the food and went back to my old ways. I gained all the weight back with interest but kept the smaller sized cloths. I am now losing again, eating healthy foods I enjoy (mmmmm, yellow squash). I don't want to go back to living the way I did and with MFP I don't think I will... but I still can't let go. Is it bad that I'm not ready to throw away my "fat pants"??

Replies

• shanghaiskinny2be
    Options
    I think it's fine to have one pair as a memento. I kept all my jeans from my chubbier HS days and my skinny days. Aside from jeans, I threw away all my other clothes bc I just think Jeans are a great thing to keep.

Now I am waiting to toss out EVERYTHING and buy a WHOLE NEW WARDROBE (shoes, bags and jeans not included) and look forward to shaken' that booty again to my low risers and no muffin topping!
  • WickedGarden
    WickedGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    i would keep only ONE pair as a 'reminder'. Read that if you keep your 'fat pants' it's easy for you to gain weight back since you 'already have' a pair of pants that will fit if you gain a little bit.

I have to hang onto mine, I am at the 'in between' stage right now...recently bought a smaller pair, and they fit, but they give me a huge muffin top.
  • Livinlavidalulu
    Options
    I was thinking that way too. In hindsight maybe it was for fear that I'd regain the lbs. I read an article a long time ago that no matter how much weight some people lose, they will always see that "before" size when they look into the mirror - I too was that person. But when you see yourself looking and feeling a whole lot better, it's easier to look at those old clothes and say to hell with that!
  • MikeFlyMike
    MikeFlyMike Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    I say "toss em". I have yo-yo'd several times - but said no more to myself. I was bulging out of my fat pants, so when they hung on me and the next size down were comfortable, I tossed the big pair - swearing not to allow myself to do it again.
  • paisley2288
    paisley2288 Posts: 913 Member
    Options
    Keep them for your after pix! :)
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Toss then, then you don't have a safety net. Sitting all day at work in "slightly too tight" pants is a good reminder to me that I need to eat well .
    You can always go to a shop and take a photo in a larger size later on if you feel the need.
  • cantjustcant
    cantjustcant Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    I originally thought like you and held on to my 24s until one day I realized I was in a size 18 and didn't need that W behind my size any more. I kept one pair of fat pants for pictures and the rest went to goodwill....I took my 18s and 16s to goodwill too and am thinking that by the time spring arrives I will be taking the 14s there too!
  • sun33082
    sun33082 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I get rid of my clothes as soon as I shrink out of them. I don't need an excuse to get fat again lol. By get rid of, I mean I put them in a plastic tub in my closet. I plan to put them in a yardsale this spring.
  • samandlucysmum
    Options
    I just put my pair of man's 5xl jeans into a charity sack, never going there again, I have a bag of clothes that I really like, and that I plan to wear again, any of my 'fat' clothes have worn out anyway due to the dimensions of my legs!! which thanfully are reducing in size thanks to walking.