Easy as 1-2-3!

Hi! My name is Lesley and I'm here to get to my goal weight of 123 (or less). I really look forward to your tips and support. I'm a pretty upbeat person, and I hope to help you stay motivated as well.

I currently work in higher education, but I have training in the performing arts. I've always wanted to be a singer/actress, but I've never quite had the courage to go after that desire. I'd be happy either way, but I'd really like to try it out...we only live once!

I'm sure that this weight loss will enable me to have the confidence I've always lacked. I hope your weight loss does the same for you!

:glasses:

Replies

• Hi! My name is Lesley and I'm here to get to my goal weight of 123 (or less). I really look forward to your tips and support. I'm a pretty upbeat person, and I hope to help you stay motivated as well.

I currently work in higher education, but I have training in the performing arts. I've always wanted to be a singer/actress, but I've never quite had the courage to go after that desire. I'd be happy either way, but I'd really like to try it out...we only live once!

I'm sure that this weight loss will enable me to have the confidence I've always lacked. I hope your weight loss does the same for you!

• Hi! My name is Lesley and I'm here to get to my goal weight of 123 (or less). I really look forward to your tips and support. I'm a pretty upbeat person, and I hope to help you stay motivated as well.

• Wow...I'm so excited I just duplicated my post!
  • whumps
    whumps Posts: 5
    Well, best of luck! I've been doing this for about two weeks and I've lost about 5. I'm 6'2" and about 190, aiming to get to about 180. I've found that I already have the will power. As a young and skinny person, I developed a sort of buffet approach to eating, that is, eating until I'm stuffed. Now I'm eating until I'm satisfied. This website encourages accountability. Now I am always considering the nutrition and calories in what I eat, down to the BLTs (bites, licks, and tastes). It's a nice little help. A lot of the time I want to eat but I think, "nah, I don't want to go to the trouble of entering it on the web site", so I just don't eat.

Some interesting side effects are that I'm eating out less (once or twice a week tops), and soda is right out. Soda is kind of nasty anyway. The first few swigs are tasty, and after that it's something of a chore to finish off the can. But I digress. So, the upside is, I'm saving a lot of money.

Another side effect is that I maintain a slight buzz of hunger most of the time, which, in turn, allows me to really enjoy food more than I have in years. Things taste better when you're a little hungry.

Yet another is that I'm enjoying fruits and vegetables, at least more than usual. My body is craving all this healthy stuff because I'm not satisfying it with unhealthy stuff. Interesting.

My wife has been using this site for about a month and she's dropped about five pounds, going from 133 to 128. Slow and steady wins the race, from what I've observed so far. And stay away from soda, donuts, and chips (or crisps if you're British).
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    :flowerforyou: