fitness improvement NSV

Options
jaabee11
jaabee11 Posts: 322 Member
Hi, on the weekend we went for a walk with some friends. We went to a local beach/ playground area.

After walking down a steep incline and a load of steps we went for a walk around the promenade etc but then we had to walk back up those steps, then up the incline to get back to the car.
I went up those steps without puffing, I was pleasantly shocked but then last night hubby says to me out of the blue.
" you did so well going up that steep hill, I was struggling to keep up with you"
This from the guy who usually holds my hand and literally pulls me up if we end up walking up inclines.
I was chuffed. I think he was shocked he was slower than me, lol. It took him a whole day before he even mentioned it, lol

Felt good, I am getting fitter.

Replies

• porffor
    porffor Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    how fab is that!! :smile:

Definately a fitness NSV! I remember being able to walk up the hill on the way back from my daughters school without stopping.. truly fab feeling!

Great that your hubby praised you for your fitness too! Well done.
  • deniserenee_02
    deniserenee_02 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    yay!!! me 2 :)
  • Sagefemme76
    Sagefemme76 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Fantastic - well done! I know of the steps to which you are referring and they are hardcore! I see many personal trainers there making their clients run up and down the steps. In fact, I've been meaning to give it a go as it's such a gorgeous spot to exercise, the view from the top makes it all worthwhile :)
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    lol that is awesome. Even more awesome is that you have a supportive hubby who (even though it took him a day) complimented your achievement
  • GeneaCindy
    GeneaCindy Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Part of the reason I'm losing weight and working out is to be able to keep up with my son when we hike. Keep up the good work :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!