WHEY PROTEIN

Options
WHEY PROTEIN

MY BODY TYPE IS ENDORMORPH . I GET HUNGRY VERY EASILY. DO YOU THINK IT’S A GOOD IDEA TO ADD TO MY DIET WHEY PROTEIN SUPPLEMENT TO KEEP ME FULLER LONGER?

ENDORMORPH
http://www.burnthefat.com/endomorph_body_type.html

Replies

• akiramezu
    Options
    Sure why not. Have it for breakfast with a banana or two. high protein and low calories breakfast. bit al so in between meals. I suggest you have a look at gaspari myofusion protein dor dymatizw whey protein. And remember this is just to supplement your diet. and yeah protein shakes are quick and easy. make sure you use WATER wheb yu mix. idc if skim mill or milk or low fat milk makes it taste better. water only (: trust me
  • Aliydawn
    Options
    I doubt it would hurt. protien is a great way to start your day. but try and find something yummy that way it is easier to have and you will actually have it
  • bigdal77
    Options
    Yer can't hurt i have it for breakfast every day i use semi skimmed milk its nice gold standerd 100% whey protien stawberry or vanilla nice haven't tried any other flavors :)
  • pukekolive
    pukekolive Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I don't like milk shakes so add a scoop to my breakfast cereal or oatmeal and mix it around before I add milk/water.

Also I have tried it mixed into instant dessert with a bit more water - delicious!
  • PercivalHackworth
    PercivalHackworth Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    WHEY PROTEIN

MY BODY TYPE IS ENDORMORPH . I GET HUNGRY VERY EASILY. DO YOU THINK IT’S A GOOD IDEA TO ADD TO MY DIET WHEY PROTEIN SUPPLEMENT TO KEEP ME FULLER LONGER?

ENDORMORPH

Ok, quick read, no need to say more,
    #1 - Body types don't really exist - that classification means nothing.
    #2 - Whey protein for feeling full ? Nope, it's the casein which has a slower assimilation - while Whey is quickly assimilated, Casein is not.

#3 - Looking for "feeling full" with protein powder would cost you tons of money
    #4- Vegies and nuts should me the food you would focus on. Nuts : Around 30 grams will give you the feeling you are looking for. 200 grams for vegies mixed with nuts should be then perfect
    #5- There is a reason why supplements are called such

:drinker:
  • bjsquires
    bjsquires Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I use the Jillian Michael's Whey Protein Vanilla, mix w/ a cup of light soy milk and a cup of frozen fruit. i do his at least once a day and sometimes twice a day.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    WHEY PROTEIN

ENDORMORPH

#2 - Whey protein for feeling full ? Nope, it's the casein which has a slower assimilation - while Whey is quickly assimilated, Casein is not.

#3 - Looking for "feeling full" with protein powder would cost you tons of money
    #4- Vegies and nuts should me the food you would focus on. Nuts : Around 30 grams will give you the feeling you are looking for. 200 grams for vegies mixed with nuts should be then perfect

LOL no such thing as body types?!?!?!?
    Go research some more and come up with a spread sheet!
  • Wampiress
    Options
    I usually have oat flakes + 85% protein + banana or apple and feel full cca 4 hours...it tastes great...and I agree with no milk with protein...its about 450kcal / 1l of 1,5% milk and its too much.
  • PercivalHackworth
    Options
    WHEY PROTEIN

ENDORMORPH

LOL no such thing as body types?!?!?!?
    Go research some more and come up with a spread sheet!

My bad I replied too quick - I was thinking how much a body type doesn't matter. sorry
  • almonds1
    almonds1 Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    protein does not keep me full... The cals are great for energy and you need protein in your diet but It does not fill me up.
    If you want to stay full for longer periods, you need low GL foods...

Oats
    Multi GRain breads
    Pasta
    most fruit
    sweet patats
    etc
  • aprilgicker
    aprilgicker Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    protein does not keep me full... The cals are great for energy and you need protein in your diet but It does not fill me up.
    If you want to stay full for longer periods, you need low GL foods...

Oats
    Multi GRain breads
    Pasta
    most fruit
    sweet patats
    etc
    Just be careful with the pasta. It is a med. Glycemic load for only half cup cooked spaghetti. SOme over your other thicker pasta has a high rating.
    Carrots, green grapes are great things to add that you can snack on if you need a boost.
    I would stay away from bread altogether until you know other things to eat. multi grain bread can be a trigger food because the carbs are quite high.
  • solarpower03
    solarpower03 Posts: 12,160 Member
    Options
    WHEY PROTEIN

ENDORMORPH

Totally true. Can't agree on #2 onwards.
  • PercivalHackworth
    Options
    What do you mean ?
    The casein is definitely assimilated way more slowly than the whey. Can you otherwise develop a bit ? thanks !

http://www.phoenixbarbell.com/PDF_Files/070309A.pdf
  • japruzze
    japruzze Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I'm a big advocate of high protein, low carb eating. I start my day with a protein shake and it gives me the kick start I need. I also, on occaision, add a second shake mid-day if I'm on the run and didn't have a chance to eat a real lunch. I use a variety of shakes. My
    "go to" bottled protein shake is Oh Yeah. For the powedered variety I use Nectar. Nectar comes in the standard strawberry, chocolate and vanilla but also has coffee, lemonade, and other fruit flavors. I mix with water rather than milk for a low calorie high protein hit.
  • waterhaunted
    waterhaunted Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I drink EAS protein each morning mixed in water with my morning coffee. Followed by fiber one or Cheerios and fruit. Apples and Almonds are a great snack to keep the hungry's away for me for mid morning snack so that salad or sandwich with avocado instead of mayo fills me up.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    What do you mean ?
    The casein is definitely assimilated way more slowly than the whey. Can you otherwise develop a bit ? thanks !

http://www.phoenixbarbell.com/PDF_Files/070309A.pdf

this is true about cassien.
    Though I havent had to use it because I eat right.

My recommendation is always Optimum Nutrition Whey.
    If you buy cheap whey protein you may as well save money and buy some chicken breast!

Eat a small meal close to bedtime and youll be fine!