Peanut Butter Dip

Options
swimmchick87
swimmchick87 Posts: 458 Member
This is absolutely delicious- I have to resist the temptation to lick the bowl! I eat this with an apple for lunch sometimes. Make sure you make it right when you're going to eat it- you can't make it ahead of time and refrigerate it because it messes with the consistency. It comes out to 298 calories for the dip (one serving, which is plenty to eat with the apple), but you can play around with the ingredients to make it less if you want.

2 tablespoons reduced fat peanut butter
1/2 tablespoon skim milk
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 level tablespoon chocolate chips (I feel like you could definitely do 1/2 tablespoon and it would still be good- I might try that next time)
1 tablespoon powdered sugar

Combine ingredients in a small bowl and mix well with a spoon.

Definitely not something you want to eat every day but perfect for a sweet treat that still packs some nutrition!

Replies

• NicolettetheGreek
    NicolettetheGreek Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I'm seriously not trying to be snarkly, especially because I love it when ppl make up new food ideas..

But, besides the p.butter, I don't see any nutritional value in this. Perhaps the skim milk, but there is really not enough of that to really count.

Why not just eat 2 T of regular P.butter w/apple?
  • elcieloesazul
    elcieloesazul Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I'm seriously not trying to be snarkly, especially because I love it when ppl make up new food ideas..

But, besides the p.butter, I don't see any nutritional value in this. Perhaps the skim milk, but there is really not enough of that to really count.

Why not just eat 2 T of regular P.butter w/apple?

I think the OP is going for a 'healthy" Nutella-type spread. Correct me if I'm wrong.
  • NicolettetheGreek
    NicolettetheGreek Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    ..quite possibly you're right. I would just eat the Nutella, and make my husband pry it out of my fingers after I took 2 T out.:sad: