Ouch it hurts.....?

Options
Yesterday I went up to level 2 on yoga after doing 1 for 2 weeks with other exercise.... Yesterday I did the Biggest Loser Yoga level 2 nothing else and today when I got up my muscles were a little sore then got on the treadmill with sauna suit on for 40 mins 3mph now I hurt all over and my hips are killing and I just plain hurt .... what is the best thing to do for this pain?

Thank you in advance for your advice

Replies

• CrystalOKeefe
    Options
    Yesterday I went up to level 2 on yoga after doing 1 for 2 weeks with other exercise.... Yesterday I did the Biggest Loser Yoga level 2 nothing else and today when I got up my muscles were a little sore then got on the treadmill with sauna suit on for 40 mins 3mph now I hurt all over and my hips are killing and I just plain hurt .... what is the best thing to do for this pain?

• Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options

ibuprofen and time
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    It's not uncommon for yoga to make you sore, especially the tougher the moves get. Just make sure to take a day or two off in between sessions.

Best bet, take an anti inflammatory like advil or ibuprofen and make sure to rest. This too shall pass, until you go up another level :wink:
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    Stretch and be sure to follow up your exercise with some protein and carbs.
  • soxygirl
    soxygirl Posts: 173
    Options
    Yoga wrings the toxins out of our muscles and skin, but just like with a massage the good hydration leaks out with the bad . . . after a yoga practice make sure to rehydrate with LOTS of water and infuse your muscles with some protein . . . I always have a protein shake directly after my practice. Otherwise, just a hot shower/bath, some good stretching, and time/practice will get you through the pain!
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    . . . I always have a protein shake directly after my practice. Otherwise, just a hot shower/bath, some good stretching, and time/practice will get you through the pain!

Happiness is yoga and a protein shake.
  • shanacleo
    shanacleo Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    i usually eat a banana an hour after a workout to ease the burn.
    a great friend of mine gave me the tip. it works wonders :)

don't forget to drink plenty of water before and after your practice :)

namaste!
  • CrystalOKeefe
    Options
    Thank You all so much !!

*running to the medicine cabinet and then a hot hot hot bath* Thank You
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    My hips constantly hurt. I just so happen to have SUPER tight hips (runs in the family, our sports trainer told myself and my brother the same thing throughout high school sports, "you have the TIGHTEST hips I've ever had to work on" as he stretched us).

I still stretch stretch stretch. Randomly throughout the day. I stretch at work. Before working out, after.

Still feel tight. Some days they still hurt.

I still run and workout. Sometimes you just gotta do it. :flowerforyou:
  • CrystalOKeefe
    Options
    Must be why I can sit indian style or ever do the straddle in the TBL Yogas video hurts bad !!