Feeling lazy on a non-gym day?

Ok, well so far the exercise front has been the easiest aspect for me, specially the gym. But on days I cant get to the gym, there is lots I can do but find it really difficult to motivate myself through it all! Does anyone else have this problem? My diary is pretty bust at the mo so there is actually i can make to the gym more than 3-4x a week but I'm meant to be doing something everyday which is getting harder and harder. Any comments/tips advice?

Replies

• Weezieishness
    Weezieishness Posts: 61 Member
    finding exercises you can do at home might help. There are various fitness games for gaming consoles, if you have an Xbox, Wii or Playstation. Or else DVD exercise plans. Motivation can be a problem for me so I often force myself to make exercise the first thing I do when I get up in the morning, and I don't let myself do anything else until I've exercised. I'm more motivated that way because otherwise if I do other things or start relaxing on the couch, I have no motivation to start exercising after that.
  • annabellj
    annabellj Posts: 1,337 Member
    just start. the starting is the hardest. if your diet isnt spot on and your not exercising enough you wont lose too much and get discouraged quickly. find something that you love to do and do it. garden, in line skate, play basketball, whatever. I had to change my routine because of work and so I missed my classes. I love doing zumba and step but had to stop because I had to go to work at the same time the classes were. I know myself and I know that I wont do it at home. its so boring to me. so, I decided I wasnt going to let this get me out of my routine. I started using the elliptical at 4 or 5 am and now I love it. I lift weights also and the muscle definition is amazing. when I get on the elliptical I crank up Theory of a Deadman and go for it! motivates me so much to keep going and before you know it, I can do 45min to an hr easy! and since the kids are home today, I decided to take them to the all day skate at the roller rink. they love it, I love it, and I get to eat whatever I want today since I will be burning around 4000 cal today alone!
  • Martucha123
    Martucha123 Posts: 1,089 Member
    also
    you don't have to do something every day.
    Once I started HIIT, I needed 2 days to recover from workout, now I can do it every other day, and throw in some strenght training in between, but still I work out 3-5 times a week, and on rest days I just walk to work, and spent my free time on sofa.
  • Meet up with a friend for a walk in favourite place or shopping area. I met up with a friend today and walked all over the QVB shopping area in Sydney. Very nice and I didn't even notice it! And its always possible to park the car a few blocks away from work, station etc.
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    What do you mean by "meant to do something every day"? At least one rest day will help your muscles repair and your body to benefit from the fitness gains.

If I just can't get to the gym, I power-walk at lunchtime - I keep a pair of trainers in my desk for emergencies! I also have an old exercise bike at home so I can multi-task while I read something for work or watch TV.