Want vitamin wo yellow pee

Options
Lol seriously? I would like a vitamin that's not going to make my pee highlighter yellow.. I a! I taking gnc women's active vitamins, only one a day, and it says two.. But that yellow pee is just terrible.. Why does it do that? Anyone know of a similar vitamin w/of that side effect?

Replies

• Barracuda365
    Options
    How much water are you drinking daily
  • Scoochie1
    Scoochie1 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Nope, but if you want to mix it up a bit, a good dose of B12 should get it turning a more greenish colour :laugh:
  • bigredhearts
    Options
    that just means that your body is excreting the excess vitamins, totally normal, as far as other vits that wont do that, well on that subject im completely useless :happy:
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    Why do you care about the color of your pee? :huh:
  • pinkydemon
    pinkydemon Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I would say drink more
  • RAFValentina
    RAFValentina Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    Why do you care? No-one looks at your pee other than you. Instead of taking vitamin tablets, just eat right. The nutrients are all in there. Then you won't get yellow pee unless you're dehydrated.
  • swellen
    swellen Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    It's the riboflavin (vit B2) that makes your pee bright yellow. It's totally normal; it's just your kidneys getting rid of the excess B2 that is in excess of what your body requires. (Riboflavin is also sometimes used as a food colouring, actually.)
  • kelsgrenier
    kelsgrenier Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Yellow pee is from the B vitamins. your body takes what it needs and gets rid of the rest when you pee.
  • shadowkitty22
    shadowkitty22 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I believe I'm taking that same vitamin and my pee isn't yellow.
  • Artemis_Acorn
    Artemis_Acorn Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I have a couple of multi's that I rotate weeks on, and find that a standard multi doesn't cause the bright yellow urine anywhere near as much as the B-Multi. Check to see how much of the B vitamins your multi has.
  • ErikaNichele
    Options
    I'm glad its not just me... I take a different supplement that turns mine that bright highlighter yellow and no matter how much water I drink its still yellow! Regular mainstream vitamins dont do that like centrum and one a day...
  • Dexy_
    Dexy_ Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    B vitamins that haven't been absorbed are what makes your urine fluro/neon. Perfectly normal. As other posters have said, why do you care about the colour of your urine?
  • unsuspectingfish
    unsuspectingfish Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    As long as you know the abnormal color isn't from dehydration or some sort of kidney disease, I'd say it's a non-issue.
  • BIGJIMMYU
    BIGJIMMYU Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    I find that after three or four beer the pee clears right up!
  • aaleigha1
    aaleigha1 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    this never used to happen to me - but does now - I think it a positive sign that my diet is now not deficient in b vitamins
  • Ahluvly
    Ahluvly Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, just had to join this!

When I used to take Berocca (brilliant stuff) I had luminous wee............

Anyway, stopped taking it since I went to see a Nutritionist and for the past 3 weeks I've been taking Sucroguard (Chromium) and fish oils. My wee is a brighter yellow, I'm drinking loads as I work out 4-5 hours a week so I'm not worries. It will be your body just excreting the excess.
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    It's amazing to me the things that we'll find to preoccupy ourselves with....

*Off to start a thread about the textures of bowel movements.... *
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    Okay its not just the color but it also smells much stronger than normal pee.