How many pounds did it take you to lose a dress size?

Options
2»

Replies

• pixiestick
    pixiestick Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    10-12lbs.
  • nettip
    nettip Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    i have lost 14lbs and not changed dress size although my bra is now on the smallest hook, i think it depends where you lose the "fat"from as i have lost it on my neck, arms ribs and thighs and only .5inch on my waist and my bust is still the same so my tops fit fine and bottoms are fine just not as tight on the legs : )
  • tkb1985
    tkb1985 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    About 35lb before I dropped a size! Was a UK 14 for AGES, now I can finally say UK 12. I think it must be different for everybody but gawd was it annoying when I was 2 stone down and still the same size! You'll get there, just keep going :)
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    It averages out about a stone per dress size for me (28lbs down and two dress sizes smaller).

Those complaining that they've lost a stone but not seen a change in size, don't despair. For me at least it took a while for my body to "settle" into its new weight and redistribute the fat! Don't forget that exercise makes more of a difference to size than weight.
  • LemonSocks
    LemonSocks Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I've lost 36lbs and gone from a UK 16 to a UK 10.
  • MoogieOh
    MoogieOh Posts: 141
    Options
    Well since I am a guy I don't wear dresses but I am Scottish Canadian. I do have a kilt and it sure fit better after the 10 lb mark.

:laugh:
  • shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    I've lost 37lbs and gone from size 20 to size 14 (UK) alot of my weight was around my middle/tummy (13" off tummy, 7 " off waist), my arms and legs haven't changed much and feet still the same. I'd love to fit in 5 1/2's and get cheaper uggs and brand name trainers.. lol! (currently 6, so few inches off feet should do it!!) :laugh:
  • Miss_dannii
    Miss_dannii Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    PS, In Ireland, dress size means clothes size, nothing to do with dresses :) x
  • annabellj
    annabellj Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    about 8 lbs. lost 16 so far and lost 3 sizes though. was pushing 14 and now fitting back into my 8s and 6s
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    It does depend on your height, body shape, and also your size when you start out. The bigger sizes have larger gaps between them (there are more inches between a 28 and a 26 than there are between a 14 and a 12).

However, as a rough rule of thumb, I now lose a size for about every 14 pounds. I'm 5 ft 8. My hips are generally at least a size smaller (usually more like two) than my bust, though, which makes things a little bit complicated
  • fimary
    fimary Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I read somewhere that you are supposed to drop one dress size with every 10lbs in weight lost. Not sure if its true though as everyone's body shape is different.

i find this quite true as lost nearly 20lbs and have gone down fro uk 18, now uk 14
  • CallmeSbo
    CallmeSbo Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Im down 17kg in total and down 2dress sizes
  • CallmeSbo
    CallmeSbo Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    PS, In Ireland, dress size means clothes size, nothing to do with dresses :) x
    lol i thought that was a worldwide standard. Lol here in South Africa too.
  • missjoci
    missjoci Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I lost 10 lbs which equaled one (dress, pant, top and underwear) size.
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    30lbs lost and I lost 3 UK dress sizes. Was 16-18 now a 10-12. :D:D

First dress size took about 14lbs, I'd say the same for the other ones, maybe a little less. :)
  • DiannaMoorer
    DiannaMoorer Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    I think I am really close then to going down a size. Before I started using mfp I had lost 8 lbs. So now including what I lost here I lost 15 lbs. That would be a tight size ten to a perfectly fitting size ten. Can't wait til I go down a size!! But at least I'm not bulging out of clothes any more.