Exercise alone will not lose the lbs!!!

Options
13»

Replies

• kperk91
    kperk91 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I read an article recently that said men can lose weight with exercise alone (partly related to testosterone and more muscle mass) and that women require diet and exercise (usually) to lose weight and will lose it at a much slower rate :/

Wouldn't surprise me. I watch what I eat and exercise but my progress is a slow one/no noticeable results yet. My boyfriend exercises but eat anything/everything he wants - yet you can totally see his results... :(
  • dointime
    dointime Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I am definitely finding that I don't lose lbs without tweaking my eating too. I can see and feel differences in my muscles, but my weight has stayed the same because of my terrible eating. Sometimes it's easier to change one thing at a time, and now that I feel I'm comfortable with my fitness routine (and I realize that the diet needs to change too to see the results I want), I can start changing my diet. I know my muscles are changing, but I still can't see them under all my fat! I want to see them!
  • grinch031
    grinch031 Posts: 1,679
    Options
    The AHA stated in 2007:
    "It is reasonable to assume that persons with relatively high daily energy expenditures would be less likely to gain weight over time, compared with those who have low energy expenditures. So far, data to support this hypothesis are not particularly compelling"

Although they certainly recommend exercise and believe that there are benefits, and weight loss might be one of them.

http://slowburn.typepad.com/files/aha-exercise-recs-2007.pdf