Help

Options
I read something recently that I thought was very eye opening, since I tend to do the exact opposite. I eat very little all day, and then at night I have a lot of calories left over, so I eat a big 'ol meal but still stay withing my total amount of calores for the day. Maybe the section below would be helpful for others also....

"Always try to eat 4 meals
every day, spaced out by
at least 2 1/2 hours (you
should be breaking up
your meals in this manner
for the rest of your life).
Just "ESTIMATE" what you think you'll eat each day,
and try your best to eat those foods as evenly as
possible throughout the day.
Basically, all we are saying is that you should not eat
half of your daily calories in one single meal, because
your body will store fat if you do that.
One of the biggest reasons people gain weight is
because they eat too much at ONE SINGLE MEAL and
their bodies store those extra calories as fat tissue. "

Replies

• figueres3
    figueres3 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I read something recently that I thought was very eye opening, since I tend to do the exact opposite. I eat very little all day, and then at night I have a lot of calories left over, so I eat a big 'ol meal but still stay withing my total amount of calores for the day. Maybe the section below would be helpful for others also....

"Always try to eat 4 meals
    every day, spaced out by
    at least 2 1/2 hours (you
    should be breaking up
    your meals in this manner
    for the rest of your life).
    Just "ESTIMATE" what you think you'll eat each day,
    and try your best to eat those foods as evenly as
    possible throughout the day.
    Basically, all we are saying is that you should not eat
    half of your daily calories in one single meal, because
    your body will store fat if you do that.
    One of the biggest reasons people gain weight is
    because they eat too much at ONE SINGLE MEAL and
    their bodies store those extra calories as fat tissue. "
  • bighenry111
    Options
    Also, if you try and eat smaller portions say six (snacks included) times a day will speed up your metabolism. I find if easier to eat smaller amounts of food all day rather than three or four. And I also have a cut off time of 9:00 p.m...usually something light.

Good luck:wink:
  • omega3
    omega3 Posts: 9
    Options
    Well, I'm new here, and trying to take off weight that I've gained and lost repeatedly (and keep it off this time). So I'm a little hesitant to give advice. From my own experience, I'd say that when I'm eating in a balanced, even way, I tend to do better with appetite control over the longer term. When I eat irregularly, even if I stay under a daily calorie limit, my appetite is harder to deal with, and I get back to bad eating habits quickly. After that "big" meal, I just stay hungry, and act on it. For me, the most important thing seems to be: what keeps my appetite under control. It may be different for you. -- O3